1st appointment and 2 second U/S at 11w3d

iVillage Member
1st appointment and 2 second U/S at 11w3d
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 7:11pm

This has got to be the worst appointment I have EVER had! My husband had a regular checkup at 10am and they found something wrong with his heart... so off to the ER he went, and no one bothered to tell me... here it is 2pm and it is my appt time, so I go in with a 2 and 3 yr old in tow since my husband still wasn't done with his appointment. The Dr still did the PAP and made me hold down the boys at the same time. He never listened for the HB and did a 2 second U/S and didn't even look for the HB. He shoved the wand up me, snapped a quick pic and pulled it out as fast as it went in... so here I am at almost 12 weeks and am still not reassured that our baby is ok :(.

pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 10:46am
I would be switching doctors, or at the very least, not paying anything out of pocket for my appointment! Didn't you say anything to him while you were in there?
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 11:17am

I, too, would be considering changing docs. It's a pain, but you shouldn't be treated so callously. You're still early along in the pregnancy that you could find someone who isn't a d-bag, and probably fairly easy. And, I'd mention too why I was leaving that practice.

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 11:39pm
Omg I'm so sorry. When I thought I was losing my baby my Dr. did everything he could right then and there to assure me one way or another. I had more blood work, he got me an ultrasound scheduled within 2 hours at the high risk Dr. office, he even said to me, "I'm so sorry you're going through this. I understand this isn't just your baby. It's your life, your whole future." He made me cry he was so compassionate. I had my ultrasound and it showed very little bc I was barely 5 weeks. The high risk Dr. brought me back at 7 weeks and the FIRST thing she did was got a heart beat. She said, "Isn't that beautiful? Now breath mommy, baby is fine. Let me taking my measurements, and we will come back and get some better pics of baby." I wouldn't just walk away from your Dr. I'd RUN! ((((Hugs)))
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 11:41pm
And I'm hoping Hubby is alright. Please update, in the meantime prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way!
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 9:21am
Don't wait! Switch doctors ASAP. I stuck it out with a horrible doctor for my second pregnancy, it was the worst experience ever. It's your money, your body and your time, don't waste it on a jerk.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 10:34am
How awful!! I agree with everyone--switch! With our first pg, I went through 3 docs before I found my midwife group, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I had to switch provider groups, but it was SO worth it. And I've had two pg friends recently who have had bad experiences with high-risk male OBs...they both feel beat up every time they come out of an appt. I think it's just not worth it!!! If you have options, you deserve better. Hang in there!!
pregnancy