20 week Ultrasound

iVillage Member
20 week Ultrasound
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 9:44am

Well, I had my 20 week scan and she is definitely a girl! I also got to see her moving around in there which was a relief because I still haven't felt any flutters. She kept opening and closing her mouth and playing with her lips with her fingers!

Unfortunately, the ultrasound tech wasn't allowed to really tell me anything regarding the baby's measurements.

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 10:12am

Glad you got baby girl confirmation! I was concerned about that myself. Tech looked for her little girl parts first since I was a bit worried. LOL.

And that whole weight and timing thing. I just don't know. Most things I'm seing say that 10.5 oz is about right for 20 weeks. So you're just a bit ahead or at least on target, unless maybe she's referring to anatomy measurements? Tech said Zoë was 14oz, but AFAIK, we're not changing due dates -- I wouldn't want to anyway. I think changing them this late in the game doesn't make sense since babies surely must grow at different rates, just like children do. Seems like that's the whole point of early ultrasounds, to get a good EDD.

I think all of it is subjective, in any case! Sounds like baby is doing well and that's about the best thing. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 7:01pm

Sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing! I have my half-way ultrasound and very first look at our baby a week from tomorrow :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 10:35am
Awesome! Baby girl, woot woot! Make sure you update the EDD thread with gender and name info :)
Photobucket