20w checkup and anatomy ultrasound...

iVillage Member
20w checkup and anatomy ultrasound...
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 4:29am

Zoë is looking good in there. Got 5 more pics of her (14 total!!), and sadly, this was my last US for a while. I guess I've gotten spoiled! But, should mean quick visits for a while. I need those. Work is blowing up!

Tech confirmed for me that yes, she's really is a girl (I've been so worried that she was wrong the first time since I've bought so many clothes already), and said she's measuring a bit ahead and weighs 14oz. Though I'm not sure how they can really know how much a baby weighs in there. But, if she's right, then Zoë could be big like Libby and Will were, and what Jacob probably would have been had he not come 12 days early. Libby was 8.15 (9 days late), Will was 8.13 (4 days early), and Jake was a tiny 7.11, LOL. Will be interesting to see where her weight falls.

Oh, and I was right about the weight gain for this month. I don't think I'd mentioned earlier, but weight gain has been something like this: at the 2nd visit, I'd gained 5 lbs (crazy since I had all that MS and didn't really eat much at all, not sure what that's all about). I didn't even know this until the 4th visit when I finally got numbers. Visit 3 was up 1 pound, 4 was up 1 pound, and this one, visit 5, I was up 4 pounds. I knew I'd had to put on some weight as I did eat all of the food! So that brings us up to 11 pounds total. No one is freaking out about it, so I'm not either, but I really need to put away some bad habits I've picked up. We've been doing too much fast food lately and not enough cooking. Very sad, especially since I really do like the healthy stuff. I'm just so lazy lately!

Anyhoo, good visit and I go back in 4 weeks.

I ran into my doc on the elevator when I arrived, and what was really nice is that 1) she recognized me and 2) was asking me how I was doing with the BH contractions. May seem silly to think it's funny that she knew who I was given that I've seen her several times, but this office is SO busy. The waiting room is always full and there are only 3 doctors, so I thought it was nice that she knows who I am. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 2:17pm

Sounds like things are going great for little Miss Zoe! Such a relief to see the baby moving around and see that little heart beating!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 9:45pm
How exciting! Sounds like things are going well!
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 9:22am

Brie, your weight seems right on track to me.

I've gained 20 lbs so far and I've decided to stop paying attention. At first I was worried and I brought it up with my Doc, she said "I don't care how much weight you gain because you can lose it, I only care about the baby." Most sensible thing anyone has said to me since this whole pregnancy thing started.

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 12:48pm

I agree with ana, brie, that weight gain sounds just right.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 7:06pm

Love to hear the ultrasound updates! Glad everything looks good!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 10:43am
Your weight gain sounds absolutely perfect! And I'm so happy things are looking so well on your ultrasound. Zoe is still Zoe! (sorry, I don't know how to do the two dots on my iPhone?)

Photobucket