20wk appointment this morning :)

iVillage Member
20wk appointment this morning :)
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 5:40pm

It went well, heard the baby's heartbeat again, it was in the 140's. No more bemoaning my weight gain, or rather lack there of, because from my last appointment to this one I gained 8-9lbs. Got the call for my ultra sound and that will be THIS Friday!!! Yeah, I'm excited to see baby for the first time and likely only time since I'm not high risk and there hopefully won't be a reason to have another u/s. We are gonna find out cause I've got lots of boy clothes to either be set with or hand down to DH's cousin who is due in like 7-8 wks with her first :)

We talked some more about my last birth, specifically about the fact that Quinn was sunny side up, which means he was delivered face up for those who don't know what that means, and the fact that I passed out a bunch after having him. We also talked a little about birthing centers, but since 1) she doesn't have any rights (correct word?) to have her patients deliver at one and 2) with my passing out so much last time, its just not a good idea for me. I'd prolly end up in the hospital anyways, lol. But I can tell my DH I asked and doc vetoed it. I'll have more news Friday though :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 10:41pm
I have my ultrasound Friday also!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 3:52pm

Love when docs/midwives talk so openly and honestly about options on the table.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 4:47pm
We actually have several that are reasonably close. I live about 30 min w/o traffic from the state capitol and closer to a few other towns as well, there are a couple that I can think of off hand, but I know there are more.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 4:48pm

Sounds like a great appointment!

Cannot wait for your ultrasound! That's so exciting!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8