25/26w appointment...

iVillage Member
25/26w appointment...
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 6:15pm

So I rescheduled my appt for last week to today. Gained 5lbs since my last visit, so up 16 total. Measuring a smidge big, but then I have big babies so I always measure big right around now and will likely continue to do so. BP was fine. Zoë's heartbeat was in the mid 150 range.

Doc told me to maybe get some electrolytes to help me with my foot/leg cramps -- they've been SO bad this past week, waking me every night. Also, of course bananas but I cannot keep those in the house. So.

Bad news is that my doc is leaving this practice. So, I'm following her. I like her a lot, and she's still going to be able to deliver at our hospital (it's literally 10 minutes away in traffic -- 5 if hubby drives). It's going to be an insurance nightmare because we just started our plan year over this month, but we'll get through it. Her new office is about 15 more minutes away, but that's not too big of a deal. She'll have an ultrasound machine there and lab services for her first 3 months, so I'll be covered at least. :)

And, she did say that she won't let me go past 39w, so Zoë will be arriving by July 29 (30th if she is contrary like Libby -- induced her at 8d past her due date, had her 23 hours later). She's concerned about both my age and the fact that my term babies are almost 9lbs. I do love my doc. :)

3 weeks I get to do the glucose thing. Not looking forward to it, but have my drink so I won't have to sit and wait around. Very happy about that.

Good appt overall. I hope I like her new office. The best thing about where we are is that they're always on time. I never have to wait for my appt. That's never happened to me before. I've had some really bad offices in the past, waiting 30min to an hour for an appt. I truly hope this won't be like that. But, with less than 14 weeks to go, I think we'll be ok. 6 or 7 more visits, right, give or take? :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 9:43pm

Sounds like everything went well for you today!

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-29-2012 - 9:53am

Glad you had a good appointment. I hope we both pass our GD tests with flying colors! :smileyhappy: That's never been an issue, but the doc seems to think that I could be a good candidate because of my age. I hope not. I cannot do needles (I will seriously faint), so if this were to be a reality, I'm hoping I could control it with diet. Hopefully it will be a non-issue.

And yeah, I am bummed about it her leaving because I do like this office. But, I like my doc more, and love that no matter what, she'll deliver Zoë. That's really important to me. Libby and Will were delivered by doctors I'd never met, but Jake was delivered by my OB because at my 38w appt I was a bit dilated and effaced, and she was on duty two days later and suggested the induction (was a very hard and scary pregnancy, so we were both anxious to get him out).

I'm hoping that Zoë will be big like her eldest siblings. Jake was the pee-wee of the family, as he came 11 days early and only weighed 7lbs11oz, as opposed to him almost 9lb siblings. He was so tiny that I had to put him in preemie clothes for the first month. I don't have any such clothes for Zoë -- in fact, I've only a couple newborn outfits. The majority of her clothes are 3-6m and then a handful of 6m. So, will be interesting to see how big she'll be if she makes it to our induction. But, it is definitely nice to know that she'll be here at least at the tail end of July no matter what. Makes planning maternity leave a bit eaiser, which I'm giong to discuss with my boss on Monday. 13 more weeks at the most! YAY! And, the way things are going, they'll fly by. It's very busy at work right now and my weeks are just a blur. That's actually a good thing. LOL!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8