36 week ultrasound - Placenta Previa no mo' !!!

iVillage Member
36 week ultrasound - Placenta Previa no mo' !!!
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 4:29pm

I had an ultrasound today to check on my placenta for the last time. Well - it barely clears the C-section zone by 3 millimeters! I guess that's good enough, so I was cleared for a vaginal delivery! I'm so so happy! To be honest, I was very hopeful that it would clear, but I didn't think it would be by such a tiny margin. Phew.

Also, the baby seems big, 7lbs 7oz, 85th percentile. Like I mentioned before, I don't believe much in those guesstimates, but the ultrasound technician said 'whoa!' when she measured the femur. My daughter was 7lbs 14 oz, born 4 days after her due date, and she was a rather small infant, around 20th percentile, but after a few growth spurts she's now 95th percentile. Although it was nice to hear the baby seems to be a nice size (in case he's born early), I don't want a huge one. My husband's 6'6" (I'm 5'3") so I was terrified of having a freak child rip my vajayjay into shreds.

Tomorrow's my doc's appointment - I am so glad I don't have a previa and was cleared for vaginal exams - going to the hospital to have my cervix checked via ultrasound once a week sounded like such a pain in the ass.

Oh, and here's a picture of my piglet.

max.jpg

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
AWESOME news!!! A clear is a clear, regardless by how much!! I'm so happy for you!!! I have faith that your vajayjay will be just fine!!! :smileywink: What a cute little picture...ahhh, it's so exciting!!
iVillage Member

Hey, it can move even more than 3mm before baby comes -- but yeah, clear is clear and that's all that matters. SO glad to hear it!

Love that pic of baby. So sweet!

Looking forward to hearing good stuff about your appt tomorrow!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Awesome! What a relief! Happy thoughts for a vaginal birth. :smileyhappy:
pregnancy
iVillage Member

Very nice! So happy to hear the news!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Thanks! I am so anxious now, knowing that it won't be a scheduled delivery. It took me almost 2 hours to drive to the hospital tomorrow (with no traffic it's about 20-30 mins) so now I'm worried that I'll have a baby in my car. There's always something to worry about, isn't there.

Thank goodness though I won't have to have the epidural. I'm seeing my doctor at 1 today.

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

Way to go mama, thats great news!

iVillage Member
Fabulous news!! So happy to hear it!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Awesome news!!! I'm so glad the placenta moved.

With my first baby, the doc told me on my due date that she thought the baby was between 6.5 and 7.5 lbs. Two days later when I had her, she was 9 lbs 6 oz ;-) So I don't put too much stock into their gustimates either ha ha.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

OH MY GOD !!!! almost 3 lbs off? I've never heard of them being wrong in this direction, I always assume they tell you MORE than the baby actually weighs. Crap, it didn't even cross my mind that he could be bigger...

BabyFetus Ticker