37 Week 4 Days...Progress is good!

iVillage Member
37 Week 4 Days...Progress is good!
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 8:52pm

Well, I'm dialated to 3 cm.  Pretty stoaked about that.  Other than that there isn't much to report.  I've gained 28 lbs, more than I'd like but not too terribly much more.  My doctor is out of the office next week so I have to see a man doc.  Normally I wouldn't mind, but I've never had a man doctor do a cervical check before so that might be pretty odd. Oh well, maybe baby Quatro will be born before then, that woudl be outstanding.

On a plus note, I got a maternity massage today (heaven) took a nice walk with the fam, and got almost all of our house organized today.  Our basement flooded this week which runined the girls' carpet, so that's still needing to be worked on, but other than that I'm ready for this little person to arrive! 

Oh and on another plus note.  I'm getting a FREE breast pump from the VA.  They ordered it today.  WOOT for that!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 11:19am
Good point about the long figners thing. It's still a little wierd but I'll make due. Check out this video I watched last night. You can push the pressure points yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnEcLSHTI0s
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 9:00am

Congrats on 3 cms! So exciting! You're getting so close - just one more cm!

As for the male doctor - my cervical check felt so much better yesterday than compared to last week's (done by a lady doctor). The female doc was about my height (5'3") so obviously her fingers were much shorter than the guy's (he's about my hubby's height, 6'6"). She ended up shoving her arm up my hoo-ha - it hurt like hell. With him, I barely felt it, it was just fingers. Think about it.

And yay for the pump! I got a Medela Pump-In-Style last time delivered for free right to my hospital room. Planning to get another one this time, although I probably could use the one from 3 years ago. Insurance said I qualify for another one, so why not.

I'm a huge fan of prenatal (and regular) massages. I try to get one at least once a month. My last one was this past Saturday ad my therapist asked me if I wanted her to work on the pressure points that can cause me to go into labor. Apparently babies are quite responsive... I didn't want to risk it then because I need to wrap things up at work, but it's so tempting :smileywink:

BabyFetus Ticker