39wk and another induction scheduled

iVillage Member
39wk and another induction scheduled
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 3:26pm

My appointment was this morning. Everthing is going good with the baby and I'm even dialted to 3cm. I was b*tching about the false labor, but I guess it was doing its job. I asked for an induction for a few reasons, even though it does cause some guilt. I'm having constant sciatica pain in my left leg, along with numbness in that one, and fairly regular sharp spikes of pain in my right leg that take me to the floor if there isn't anything to grab on to. Needless to say, I stay close to the walls, counters and couch in my house. I'm also going back to school full time and it starts just 2 weeks after my due date (well, the monday after it anyways) so I really don't want to go over as much as I did with Quinn, even though that was just 4 days. So for the sake of my mommy sanity and pain, Monday the 13th at 7:30am I will go in to be induced, unless I manage to go into labor before then. I did ask, and she said since its not a medically necessary one, she won't break my water early, so if it doesn't work, I can just go home, which does make me feel a little better about it. Assuming it doesn't break on its own, which last time they broke it for me when I was stuck around 9cm, so I'm kinda hoping that happens again, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 3:44pm
Don't feel guilty!!! You sound to me like a busy mama who is trying to plan her life to serve her family. Have you tried going to the chiropractor?? What about a pregnancy massage?? No need to suffer if there is something that can help IMO. I'm sure taking care of a LO and being super pregnant is hard enough and then throw siatica on top of it...ugh that's the pits. Hope you get to feeling better ASAP
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 6:47pm
Its more I'm a natural birth kinda advocate and its the feeling of how can I say I'm all for all natural births when I'm choosing to be "forced" into labor.........all kinds of confusing that I don't think I'm going to sort through until well after he's here. But I have always acknowledged that everything has its place, and sometimes that place is keeping sane to be the best mom I can be.

Fingers crossed that I'll go on my own before then and I won't even have to worry about it :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 9:46pm
I know what you mean. I'm a natural birth girl too. I was induced with my second pregnancy and wish that I hadn't been. But when all is said and done, I am thankful for a healthy baby.

I'll cross my fingers that you'll go on your own before then too!! :-)
Photobucket