Anyone Else Not Have Their 1st Appt Yet?

iVillage Member
Anyone Else Not Have Their 1st Appt Yet?
Mon, 01-09-2012 - 8:19am

I am 10 weeks today and will not have my 1st appointment until I am 11weeks 3 days on the 18th! The suspense is driving me crazy! We have BCBS and they only cover prenatal appts after 11 weeks and I will only be able to get 1 sonogram..... Glad to know my $1000 a month for insurance is worth it :(.

pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-09-2012 - 11:50am

Ugh, I just don't understand the timeframe limits. I'm really sorry you have to wait that long. The suspense and wondering and all that would make me crazy. Also, WOW on your premium. That's outrageous.

We have had Cigna for about 15 years now (hubby with the same company since 1991, switched to Cigna for their provider a couple years after Libby was born), but in 2010 the company went to a new Cigna plan, so we have an MSA now and I hate hate hate it. Before I would just pay little office copays, but nothing for the lab and US, nothing for the delivery of the babies. Now, we have a $3K deductible and 20% copays on everything after we hit the deductible. And, the plan year runs from April to March, so this baby is just all kinds of expensive.

So, we pay a premium every paycheck and also contribute to the MSA so we can save that $3k per year. The company chips in $1k of that, so we're lucky in that way, but I'm longing for the old days for sure.

One thing I do know, is that a medical faciilty can only charge you what your insurance company would pay for any procedure, so, you could in theory get additional ultrasounds for a somewhat lower cost (lower than what you'd pay without insurance, anyway) -- we pay $112 for ultrasounds, and insurance didn't cover the 2nd one. I'm not sure that they cover the one I will have on Thursday, but we will be finding out the gender of this baby, no matter how many times I need to take a peek to do so.

I hope the next week or so goes quickly for you!

Brie

#4 EDD 8/5/12

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-10-2012 - 2:14pm

That would drive me crazy. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I used to be on BCBS and I agree that it sucked.

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-10-2012 - 2:29pm
I haven't had my first appointment yet either. I go in tomorrow for an u/s so they can tell how far along I am because I don't know when LMP was. They won't even see me until they know how far along I am.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 10:51am

I have my first appointment this Friday and I'll be 10 weeks 4 days! Its pretty standard that doctors around here won't see you until 10 weeks. I'm very anxious and nervous though. I'm praying to hear a heartbeat or something to tell me everything's okay this time around. This day has seemed like its taken an eternity to get here. I hope that time goes fast for everyone waiting for their first appointment! :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 11:51am

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one. I am more anxious about the sonogram though... I have been having twin dreams since day 1 and this pregnancy has been completely different than my last 6... keeping my fingers crossed :)

pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 2:10pm

My first apt with my MW isn't until Jan 24th and I will be a day shy of 13 weeks. I did have a nurse visit though. It is hard for me not to have an early U/S this time since I had one with all my other kiddos. Fortunately, I listened to the baby's HB at work a few weeks ago which makes me feel a little better. GL with your first apt.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 8:57pm
I haven't had my appointment yet because my doc won't see me until I am 12 weeks. I don't get to go in until Feb. 2nd. Seems so far away