Boring 38 Week Appointment

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Boring 38 Week Appointment
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 7:56pm

I have nothing to report today, as I again passed on a cervix check (that's probably the most important thing these days). I think I gained another pound to pound and a half. Baby's heartbeat was at 132... so it was quite a bit lower than then 140s it's been at. Doc says that means it's a boy... according to the old wives tale of course! He's also giving me the option of injecting lovenox in the 6 weeks following the birth to prevent blood clots (due to the genetic condition that puts me at a higher risk). He says he's fine with me doing it or not doing it... since the risk is pretty small anyways.

So the waiting continues.... Again, next week will be the best week for baby's arrival. I have a busy day of recipe segments to tape on Wednesday, a date night with hubby and another couple (dinner and Batman) on Wednesday night, a photo shoot at work with the weather team on Thursday, training at my church from Friday through Sunday, and book club with my girlfriends on Monday August 6th. After that my schedule is clear, other than a pedicure on Tuesday the 7th after work and a massage scheduled for Wednesday the 8th after work, but I'll forego those two things for a baby! 

Can you tell I'm a planner?

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 8:49am

Happy to hear all is going well. Hopefully the LO is a planner too and will respect your busy schedule! 

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!