Feeling Behind??

iVillage Member
Feeling Behind??
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 10:43pm

I am reading all these exciting posts about gender revealing and think I am behind the 8 ball on this. My Drs office appears to be more relaxed on appointments and ultrasounds. I will go at least 6 wks between appointments and have only had one ultrasound. I understand my Dr's office is busy but I am afraid my care is being delayed? I am 19 wks and 5 days and have my 20 wk ultrasound on the 22nd (at 21 wks) and will find out the gender than. I have been waiting for this appointment for months now and it seems like it is still forever away! I just wish my Drs office was as proactive as some of yours are. Until our reveal date, I will continue to live vicariously through some of you :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 3:02am
I'm in the same boat as you. My appointments will now be 6 weeks apart but I'm fine with that since that means everything is going well with the pregnancy. My insurance is Tricare which is through the military and the place is busy but I'm fine waiting longer for appointments since all the appointments take 5 minutes and feel like I could do them myself at home lol, except for the doppler part. I've only had one ultrasound as well, and that was to make sure that the dates match. My 20 week ultrasound will be on the 5th of April when I'll be about 20.5 weeks pregnant. I am jealous of the people who get more ultrasounds but I like you I live vicariously through them. I'm thinking of booking a 3d ultrasound when I turn 28 weeks so I can get one more ultrasound. I also want to do the 3d because I've regretted that I didn't do it with my other children and this is my last chance.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 9:25am
My appointments are only 4 wks apart, but I haven't even had one ultrasound yet, but I know that is because we were trying and I knew what day I ovulated. No need to double check due dates with that knowledge (even if I'm off by a day or two). I don't know when my gender scan will be, my next appointment is on the 27th and I'm expecting to be told to make the appointment then. If I'm not told I will be asking, because we do want to find out with this baby.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 10:10am

I think part of it depends on the doc office, and part depends on your situation. I know with both Libby and Will, we didn't get many ultrasounds at all. With Libby, I'm certain I only had the one, and maybe only one with Will. With Jacob I had a few, but he was on the heels of my 2nd miscarriage, I had low progesterone, abdominal surgery at 8w, and it was just altogether a difficult pregnancy. Now, with Zoë, I've got that problematic history, had low-ish progesterone again, PLUS I'm 41. So, my doc is just keeping close tabs on us and we have had an ultrasound with every visit. Next week will be our 5th visit (same day as yours) and 5th ultrasound, but then I've been seeing her since the day after we got the BFP (at 5 or so weeks). I truly feel like this pregnancy is taking forever because we've known about it for so long.

So, on the one hand, it's really great that I'm getting so much care, but OTOH, we've had to go through hell to even get to the point where we get so much attention. Double-edged sword for sure.

And now I'm having these effing BH contractions 6-10 times a day since Monday (and a few of these have been in the same hour), so I'm freaking out and yet trying to delay going in since we're seeing the doc next week anyway. My kingdom for an easy pregnancy. Really.

Hang tough. I know it's got to be hard seeing everyone get all these ultrasounds, but yours is just a week away. A long time, I know, but will be here before you know it! I hope baby cooperates and you get to find out the gender! That's so exciting!! Cannot wait to see pics and hear your news!!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 1:01pm

I agree with pp (previous poster's/people): all offices are different.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 7:27pm
Wow! I'm feeling lucky! I go every 3 weeks and have had an us at every appointment!! I have tricare as well, but my doctor is older, has his own practice, and sees as many or as little patients as he wants. I'm sorry you have to wait so long. :-(
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-17-2012 - 4:28pm
I'm 16 weeks and change and have only had one appointment and no ultrasound! I'll only have one more appointment before my big u/s on April 13th. I probably wouldn't see much of my midwives at all if I wasn't notorious for going weeks overdue and having a ton of checkups and sonograms at the end. I don't mind because it's a pain for me to take two kids to the appointments or to find a babysitter on the appointment requiring an exam or bloodwork, but I bet if you wanted to see your doctor more often they'd oblige... more money for them!
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-17-2012 - 5:54pm
Tricare allows you more than one u/s? I'm shocked! Why are they doing so many u/s? That would make me so nervous.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 4:55pm
I go to a private doctor with tricare....not on base or anything. It was the same with my first one. It doesn't cost anything to have him do the ultrasound, so he does it. It is really nice. I have been able to see my baby every three weeks! I am not high risk or anything, he is just nice I guess? LOL!