First Prenatal Appointment Update

iVillage Member
First Prenatal Appointment Update
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 2:54pm

Appointment Update: Nothing to report. We did not have luck finding the heartbeat :( The doctor told me that she usually can't catch it until 10 weeks.... well, I'm 9 weeks and 5 days. Grrrr. Are three days really that much difference? So annoyed. I went in with Nate this same week in my pregnancy for him and the doctor had to search around for quite a long while, but he kept searching until he found it. This doctor did it for like a minute. So I was hoping she'd take me in for an ultrasound... but noooo, they are super busy, so I'd need to make a separate appointment for that or just wait until the next appointment in four weeks, that's what she'd recommend because there's no reason to need an ultrasound. Blah. So I made an appointment for February 7th. 4 weeks here we come.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 3:44pm
Bummer, I was 12 weeks along with my last pregnancy and they couldn't find the hb. They sent me in for a u/s because they said that they should be able to hear it by then and were worried something was wrong. But everything was fine at the u/s. Sorry you have to wait :-(
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 3:46pm
Ugh what a bummer....you would think a doctor in this field would know how important that is, grrr