Gender Reveal!!

iVillage Member
Gender Reveal!!
Sat, 03-31-2012 - 10:10pm

Ok, I am a little late with this posting.. :) We had our 21 week Ultrasound and gender reveal last week. And I am very excited to share that we are having a BOY!! I cannot tell you how excited my husband was, as he really wanted a boy. I have always wanted a boy first so of course I am thrilled. The most exciting news was to hear that everything is going as planned and baby is measuring perfect. They are leaving the EDD at Aug. 4th for now!

Our U/S was on Thursday and we waited 2 days to tell anyone! We thought it would be neat to have a gender revealing party for all our closest friends and family. We had that last Saturday and it was a huge hit! We had over 40 people arrive and each one of them were soooo excited to participate in this precious moment. We decorated the house in all neutral colors and had both blue and pink cakes. I had made lil' goodie boxes filled with mints that said "It's a boy!". We had special outfits for the baby that the Grandparents opened. And at the same time everyone else opened their gift boxes. It was heartwarming to hear everyone's expressions all at the same time! It was a fun way to tell everyone, but extremely hard to keep it a secret for 2 DAYS! :)

I got a call from my OB's office a few days ago and they told me they want me to do a followup ultrasound in 4 weeks. Baby was being shy on U/S date and he kept moving his face as she was trying to get measurements. So she was not able to get a clear enough pic of the face to get accurate measurements of the nose to chin. I was concerned at first but they assured me this happens frequently. Now I am just excited that I get to see my baby boy at least one more time before delivery! :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 2:58pm

How cute is that?!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-01-2012 - 6:42am

Congrats on your baby boy! And WTG on keeping it a secret for any length of time!! I texted hubby from the OB office to tell him, called my parents when I got home from the doc, then made a FB post. But then I also told everyone we were pregnant just moments after we got the BFP. Secrets are just not my thing, LOL!

Sounds like the party was really great. So happy to hear it!

And yay on getting another US! Our anatomy scan took a while because Zoë wouldn't hold still. I'm sure this is very common once babies get to a certain point up until they don't have as much wiggle room. :)

Do you have any names picked out yet?

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8