Was supposed to have our Ultra-screen this morning, but...

iVillage Member
Was supposed to have our Ultra-screen this morning, but...
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 11:21am

my Jeep has a flatter than flat tire, and I didn't have time to jack it up and change the tire (or the inclination if you want to know the truth), or jack it up so I could air it with my handy car air compressor. I need new rims desperately due to salt messing with the sealing of the tires (no other explanation as all tires were brand new and heavy duty once I bought the Jeep and have been having this slow leak thing ever since I bought it), but I'm pretty good about keeping an eye on the tire pressure. Dropped the ball this week, clearly!

Anyhoo, I'm kind of thinking it's a blessing. Everything I read about this particular ultrasound says it needs to be done between 11w1d and 13w6d, and we're only at 10w4d. I thought it was early when the doc ordered it, and I should have spoken up about it. Waiting for nurse to call back, but am going to try to push it off until next Friday at the earliest. I'd like a cushion of time between earliest to take it in case my EDD is messed up (she changed it from 8/8 to 8/5 based on 2nd ultrasound). Just too close IMO. I'd prefer waiting two weeks to be honest, though I am anxious for another picture. :)

So. Disappointed but feeling ok about it at the same time. Weird, I know.

Brie

#4 EDD 8/5/12

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member

I'm sorry to hear that! But I'm totally with you on not wanting to jack up and change a tire (how do you do that anyway?? ha!) Hopefully this will all work out for you, since it sounds like you wanted a later appointment anyways.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Well, I know how to jack the Jeep up, and I can change a tire, but just wasn't inclined. Would have missed the appt anyway since I only had a half-hour window, and by the time we figured out that the air compressor wasn't going to cut it, we'd have been too late. I have been known to change my oil, too. Twice I've replaced the oil sending unit. Dad never treated me like a girl, and as a result, I'm handier around the house and with cars than hubby is by far (as is Libby!). Libby and I spent a couple months last year doing home reno while Kramer was here in TX, and we were hanging drywall. I'm also pretty good with wiring and plumbing. :)

Since I didn't know when hubby was coming home and still disinclined to deal with it, we went over to the neighbors and they happen to have an industrial jack and full-blown air compressor. The guys had us fixed up in about 5 minutes. I felt like we had our own little pit crew. :) So, we're good now.

Nurse rescheduled us for next Thursday. I feel better about that, though I still would rather wait two weeks, but they seem to want to do it sooner than later.

Brie
#4 EDD 8/5/12

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8