1st apt. Finally!!

iVillage Member
1st apt. Finally!!
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 4:11pm

So i Finally had my first doctors appt yesterday. It only took a month to get in from when i first called. She was able to get me into  an ultrasound that afternoon which was great. So im 10 weeks and 4 days, due date is aug 24th :) Baby was wiggling around like crazy and the heartrate was great at 167bpm..

The appointment part with the doctor was.. interesting.. lol..We discussed lots of options and went over all the L&D complications i had last time (shoulder dystocia, retained placenta, second degree cervical tear etc).. were compiling a list next time im in for me to take to my OB.. so we can weigh our options and decide to go for another vaginal birth ( all previous were vaginal), or to opt for a c-section (not my favorable option).. then my doctor went into a rant about epidurals and midwives..lol.. anyways pretty good.. lots of time to decide how this is going to go.. we just have to decide whats going to be safest for me and the baby at the end of it all..!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 8:08am

Sounds like a good appointment overall!  I'm so glad you were able to see baby- that's always so amazing!  Good luck weighing all of your options.  I hope you and your care provider are able to find a solution you are comfortable with.  Keep us posted!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 12:40pm

Yay for hearing the heartbeat and seeing your little bean!  It is always so exciting to see that for the first time.  Best of luck to you with your options. I hope you are able to avoid the c-section like you hope. 

photo makesmewondersig_zps5842bb06.png