Genetic Consult tomorrow a.m. & other news

iVillage Member
Genetic Consult tomorrow a.m. & other news
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 11:07pm

Tomorrow is our GC with a Maternal Fetal Medicine group to discuss the results of our NT scan. I'm hoping that it will be a mostly positive discussion about how my risks really aren't that bad, but I know they will be going over all the "what ifs" of Downs as well which I think are probably going to freak out my hubby more than they need to (Mr. worrywort). :) I'm kinda curious if its going to be with one of the MFM docs or just with a genetic counselor, I'm kinda hoping its with one of the MFM docs because I'd have a chance to get their opinion on the progesterone injections and what they think my chances of delivering early again are. (I'm already definitely doing the injections, but another opinion never hurts.) Oh well, don't have to wait too long to find out-appt is at 9:00. I think my next u/s will be scheduled with them as well which should be when I'm 18+ weeks, so only a few more weeks for everyone until we all start finding out if we get blue or pink!

And on the note about the progesterone injections my OBs office is setting up a home health nurse to come out every week to administer the shot (at home!) and check on me and baby (all at home!)!! I was psyching myself up to learn how to give myself shots in the thigh/rear, now I don't have to worry about it. :)

Kristina