Had First Apt Today

iVillage Member
Had First Apt Today
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 7:16pm

I went in thinking I was just going to see the nurse, answer questions etc.  But I ended up getting to have an ultrasound also!  I was really happy about that, thought I'd have to wait to the end of the month to even hear the heartbeat.  But, I got to and everything is good!!  I'm very excited and totally releived.  

We told close family and our kids right after, and my two DD's are really excited.  My 4 year old said she wanted the baby NOW.  My sister is excited, my DH is telling his mom tonight, but I doubt she'll be excited.  We have avery tight budget, and adding another baby is going to be hard, but we're ready.  This will definitely be our last baby though.  I'll be getting my tubes tied.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 3:17pm

Thank you!  She is happy, but concerned because of my age, I'm 37 and I'm insulin dependant diabetic.  I can understahd that, I'm worried too but staying positive that all is well.

We didn't keep any of the big stuff, so we're starting over.  My MIL has a crib lined up, but other than that we're going to cruise the second hand stores!

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 11:20am
So glad it was taken as good news, I can imagine that would be hard if she weren't so happy. I'm going to need a lot of new too, especially clothes for me and baby. I gave away a ton. Though I kept most the bigger gear, car seat, crib, changing table. So maybe I knew something in the back of my head. I'm looking forward to getting out the maternity stuff I do have, though I could always use some new fresh stuff.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 1:15pm
Thank you Lalagirl! DH told his mom last night, and she wasn't negative at all about it. She even has a crib lines up for us already. She was on the phone to a friend within a few minutes, so that is a relief that she is happy also. We thought we were done, so we got rid of all our baby stuff, and even maternity clothes. Oh well, gives us an excuse to get new!

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 8:29am

Congratulations!  That's great news!   A happy healthy little bean :)