When's Your First Appointment?

iVillage Member
When's Your First Appointment?
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 2:48pm

Are you eagerly awaiting your first prenatal appointment? Wondering what to expect when you go in?

What can you expect at your first prenatal visit?- http://www.ivillage.com/pregnancy-what-can-you-expect-your-first-prenatal-visit/6-n-138575?ice=iv:mb...

When is your first appointment? My doctor always made me wait until I was 10-12 weeks along and the wait killed me! How about you? When do you go in for your first appointment?

photo snowsiggy.png

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 4:56pm

I'm waiting for booking in appointment with MW, then told I'll get a scan around 10-12 weeks :-) 

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 10:29pm

I actually have my first appointment tomorrow the 11th (I'm about 5 wks 2 days). Which seemed really early, but I guess its probably not with my history. With my daughter (1st and so far only child) my water broke at 28 weeks and I delivered her at 29. They were never able to find a reason for it so I'm sure my first visit will be going over transferring me to a high risk ob, and when to start makena injections....fun... At least its all worth it in the end!

Kristina

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-11-2012 - 12:10pm

oogie22 wrote:
<p>I actually have my first appointment tomorrow the 11th (I'm about 5 wks 2 days). Which seemed really early, but I guess its probably not with my history. With my daughter (1st and so far only child) my water broke at 28 weeks and I delivered her at 29. They were never able to find a reason for it so I'm sure my first visit will be going over transferring me to a high risk ob, and when to start makena injections....fun... At least its all worth it in the end!</p><p>Kristina</p>

Best of luck to you at your appointment today!  Please update us about how it went when you can.  :)

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-12-2012 - 9:30am

How did you get on Hun? :-)

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-14-2012 - 6:15pm

I am not sure when my first appointment will be. Right now I am 5 weeks and I called in to my doctor and have to get my confirmation appointment in first and that will not be until December 31st @ 1:30. Apparently my doctor started something new where all patients meet with the nurse first to confirm before they can schedule an appt. with the dr. So not really sure what to expect with the nurse appt.

Jessie

oh and how do you add a banner or images for photobucket?

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-14-2012 - 8:51pm
My first appointment is Dec 28th....I will be about 6.5 weeks along then. Since this is my second and we are using the same Dr I have a pretty good idea how this appointment will go: pee in a cup, strip down for ultrasound and yearly check, and blood work. Oh boy! heheheeh......I'm just praying to be far enough along to see a heartbeat!!!!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 12:13pm

I have an appointment for an annual a week from Friday, which will make me about 7.5 weeks.  I called today to tell them that I was pg to see if they wanted to change the appt at all, but they said we'd just keep it.

I haven't decided whether I want them to do a pap or not... I don't want to risk a m/c b/c of screwing with my cervix.  I know some have had it and there's just been a little bleeding, but I'm afraid seeing the blood will freak me out faaaar more than is worth it coming off the m/c last month.  Sooo, we'll see. :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 5:10pm

I had my first appointment 2 weeks ago to verify the pregnancy, do an exam, and have some blood work done. I had my 2nd appointment a couple of days after that to make sure my Hcg levels were doubling.   My first ultrasound (at 6 1/2 weeks) is tomorrow!  I am anxious and excited at the same time. :-)

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-20-2012 - 7:08pm
Jan. 3 with the Mom's program RN. they should schedule me for a u/s at that time. Yay!!! Elizabeth
thanks to scrappyjill for the signature below!
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-22-2012 - 9:03pm

January 11th!  I'll be 7w1d then...same doctor's office as my last one, the NP does the "thorough" first appointment, including ultrasound.  I'm excited, but at 7 weeks, I know there's not a whole lot to see on u/s.  With my 1st DS, my first appointment ended up being when I was 9w3d, and he'd developed more by then!  DS2 was a smudge at 7w6d last time :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Pages