Any names yet?

iVillage Member
Any names yet?
Thu, 02-21-2013 - 1:56pm

Here in a few weeks the first ones of us will be finding out the genders of our babies. My big date is set for April 8th, exactly 2 months from the first ultrasound.

Soo.. What kind of names or options do you currently have?

A few years ago when we were trying (for a bit, didn't conceive at that time) I had a few names that I was sure I was going to pick from if we had a girl.

I had Sarah or Emma for a first name and Allison, Addison or Madelyn for a middle name.

But now that I am finally pregnant I feel like this baby deserves it's "own" name..

Currently I'm liking Casper for a boy (maybe Elliot for a middle name) and Lucy for a girl (no middle name yet)

Anyone wanna share their names?

S

P.S. What is going on with this board it seems like it's deader than dead?! Let's start talking a little more.. :)

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-02-2013 - 2:59pm

The way you chose to spell Leena is actually a very common name in Finland, I'm guessing in other parts of the world as well. It means "light", same as Lucy, which is the name we have picked for a girl. :)

S

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-27-2013 - 7:04pm

I have to admit I've been absent from the boards because they are such a pain to get to load.  They are slow...and I have to refresh my browser multiple times to see a thread and then it tells me I'm not authorized to post half the time.  So they are just TOO SLOW!!!  Which is sad since I really loved the boards with my first pregnancy.

We still have like a month left until we have our big ultrasound but we've been talking some names.  I love Parker for a boy..and Owen, Grant and Roman.  For a girl we know the first name will be Leena (after my grandmother Helen) but we are undecided for a middle name.  We like Rae, Belle, Blakely, and Claire to name a few. 

We may be at the hospital still debating some names.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-27-2013 - 7:04pm

I have to admit I've been absent from the boards because they are such a pain to get to load.  They are slow...and I have to refresh my browser multiple times to see a thread and then it tells me I'm not authorized to post half the time.  So they are just TOO SLOW!!!  Which is sad since I really loved the boards with my first pregnancy.

We still have like a month left until we have our big ultrasound but we've been talking some names.  I love Parker for a boy..and Owen, Grant and Roman.  For a girl we know the first name will be Leena (after my grandmother Helen) but we are undecided for a middle name.  We like Rae, Belle, Blakely, and Claire to name a few. 

We may be at the hospital still debating some names.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-24-2013 - 8:45pm

I had a lot of problems with signing in. I noticed it won't let me use the "stay logged on" option or however it was worded here. I still have to try to log on once or twice but it's not like 10+ times like it was earlier. So the bug seems to be semi-fixed.

Back in the old days these boards used to be so busy you couldn't keep up with everyone. Almost too many people to get to know anyone..

We're liking Lucy more and more every day. It isn't an easy name to pronounce for non-english speakers.. Which we live in a non-english speaking country. But we're thinking of coming up with a nickname that is easier to pronounce. Yesterday I came up with Amelia for a middle name. It's been on my list for years but I don't quite love it enough for a first name... So Lucy Amelia.. <--- Loving it right now..

But we still have a month and a half before we find out the gender of the baby. I have a feeling it's a girl but you never know. :)

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-23-2013 - 2:28am

The boards seem much slower since the last time I was really active on them (with my daughter 2006/2007). I think they've changed alot since then (and there are still issues and bugs they appear to be working through, i.e. log-in issues etc.). Anyway....back to your question. :)

This little boy is going to be Corban or Corbin, I'm up in the air on spelling now only because they have different meanings when you look them up. We like the meaning behind Corban, but I think spelling it Corbin pronunciation is easier and won't be mispelled as often-but I'm not totally sold on the meaning behind the -in spelling.

His middle name will be Seth after my DH's best friend who is the closest thing he has to a brother. DH is an only child.

-Kristina

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-22-2013 - 2:47pm
I have problems logging in and posting! No ideas yet for names here. We have a big ultrasound the week of March 19th. When we find out the sex, we'll start thinking about it.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-21-2013 - 5:43pm

this board is such a pain to post on because it wont always let me log in..

For a boy he have bentley drew mansfield (both middles names are family names from each side)

for a girl shes screwed..lol.. Im fresh out of girl names and nothing jumps out at me.. My last little girl is named Annabella and we didnt have her name until a few days before she was born.. DH says bentley can be used for both girl and boy.. but i dont know.. it better not be a girl.. or her name will be bacon

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-21-2013 - 5:43pm

this board is such a pain to post on because it wont always let me log in..

For a boy he have bentley drew mansfield (both middles names are family names from each side)

for a girl shes screwed..lol.. Im fresh out of girl names and nothing jumps out at me.. My last little girl is named Annabella and we didnt have her name until a few days before she was born.. DH says bentley can be used for both girl and boy.. but i dont know.. it better not be a girl.. or her name will be bacon