Are You Keeping Baby's Sex a Secret?

iVillage Member
Are You Keeping Baby's Sex a Secret?
Thu, 03-14-2013 - 8:37am

It's true -- and it's official: Jessica Simpson is expecting a baby boy! After early rumors, a reported boy name and a big ol' hint on Ellen DeGeneres' show, Simpson finally confirmed that Maxwell Drew will have a baby brother on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night.

"The crazy thing is, I never knew that a wiener could actually make me nauseous," she told Kimmel, then gasped and said, "Well, I guess I just told the world that I'm having a boy!"

http://www.ivillage.com/pregnant-jessica-simpson-expecting-baby-boy/6-a-518380

Too funny!  Anyone here trying to keep baby's sex a secret?  If so, are you finding it hard not to slip up and spill the news?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-19-2013 - 12:18pm
We haven't either, it's too exciting! We just found out Friday that after having two girls, we're now having a BOY!

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-17-2013 - 7:57am

No we've never kept the baby's gender a secret and don't plan to do it now either. We also won't keep the name a secret like most people do here until christening.

Stina

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-14-2013 - 11:55pm

Oh that Jessica Simpson!  (she keeps us amused, right? :) ).

We kept our 2nd son's sex a secret pretty easily.  Our first we didn't find out until birth, and we naturally just always referred to the baby as "baby" or used the pronoun "they" instead of a "he" or "she"  (we never said "it" either, that seemed too weird).  So we had no problem at all.  My parents knew that we knew the sex, but my in-laws didn't know that we had found out (and still don't know that we knew in advance).  It was hilarious because my father in law SWORE that DS2 was a girl, he would say it so difinitively (and several other family members insisted girl probably because we already had a boy).  My FIL took it to the extreme when we called to tell him that the baby had been born and he was a boy...he actually told my husband to ask the doctor's to double check because he is never wrong.  Well...he was a boy at two ultrasounds, and he was a boy at birth...I doubt that's changing :)

~Amy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers