Baby Showers

iVillage Member
Baby Showers
Mon, 03-25-2013 - 3:37pm

Hi ladies!!

I'm curious- what are your plans for a baby shower?  How do you feel about having a baby shower for baby 2+?  My best friend is insisting on throwing me one but I'm just not sure.  I had one for my first baby, but not my second.  I just don't want to offend anyone, or have them be put off.  What's your plan?

photo makesmewondersig_zps5842bb06.png

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-07-2013 - 1:11am

I think it's becoming more commonplace to have a shower (or a "sprinkle", I guess) for the 2nd onward.  Three baby showers I've been to or been invited to in the last year have been for 2nd or 3rd babies.  I kind of think that it's nice to have a celebration of some sort for each child, even if it isn't the full, whole-hog type baby shower that the first one might have, with the "big" items, like car seats, strollers, and all of those other things that people might want to buy or chip in for.  (I can't really say...I didn't have a shower for my first one...I worked with all guys, and there were only a couple people where we lived that we were good friends with.  We received a whole bunch of gifts, but just didn't have a party :) ).  

With my 2nd, we had a dinner out that some of my (now all female!) co-workers arranged, I think they plan the same for this one.  It was low key, co-ed and kids came, and everyone paid for their own dinner at the restaurant, so no worries about having it at someone's house/food/cleanup.  

Cheers! ~Amy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers