Boy or Girl- Will You Find Out?

iVillage Member
Boy or Girl- Will You Find Out?
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 8:11am

Are you planning to find out baby's sex before he/she arrives?   What helped you decide to find out or not?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-19-2012 - 10:47am
We'll probably find out this time. It's #3, and we did not find out for the first two, but think this time, we just might. Both for planning purposes, but also for the kids to be involved too, as much as knowing the gender can help that. :)
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-20-2012 - 7:12pm

We will find out. I'm AMA, so I'll be having a level ii u/s around 30 weeks. Elizabeth

thanks to scrappyjill for the signature below!
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-22-2012 - 7:58pm

Most likely finding out the sex.  We waited until birth to find out with our first and our 2nd we found out, but didn't tell anyone that we knew.  We'll probably do that (find out but not tell) with this one.

With our first, we (esp me, I'm guessing my husband as well!) wanted that whole "It's a...<insert gender>!!!" moment at birth.  But it was horribly disappointing...the doctor that delivered wasn't my usual one (was the on-call doc) and I'd never met him before in my life.  He didn't know/didn't ask if we knew the gender, and the baby popped out and was whisked away without any comment as to what it was.  I had to ask my husband..."So???  Boy or girl???".  To which his reply was "uh...boy...I think.  Yeah...boy!"  

Since we already have two boys, it does help with planning, even though most of our little tiny baby clothes are pretty gender neutral.

~Amy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 11:55am

I'll want to know. I appreciate surprises but I want to know so that I can be prepared.