Can we start a general whining thread?

iVillage Member
Can we start a general whining thread?
Wed, 02-06-2013 - 12:48pm

I don't want to burden unpregnant friends with complaints. I've never been a whining pregnant woman. I've even been irritated with other women that do nothing but complain throughout their pregnancy. But right now I don't feel too cheery about anything.. I can't feel the baby yet, my belly mostly looks like I just gained a TON of weight, my face is all broken out, I'm still quite tired and unenergetic... Really I just feel BLAAAAH... And to know that this is only the beginning.. Some days I just wish that it was August already. I don't ever recall early pregnancy being this difficult and uncomfortable.. And to know it just gets worse and worse before it gets better..

Someone please give me a new perspective. Not asking for a moral sermon about how I should be more grateful (which I should).  I better snap out of this or I'll be real depressed soon.. ;-)

S

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-06-2013 - 5:37pm

I hate pregnancy and it hates me!!!! lol

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 10:46am

YES!  By all means, please vent whenever you need to!  Sometimes it just feels better to get it all out.  Pregnancy can be challenging but we are here for one another! 

photo makesmewondersig_zps5842bb06.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-08-2013 - 1:19am

Can I join in on the pity party??

I've been all alone with my 5 year old this entire week, likely till Saturday when DH will finally get back from a work trip, which is about 2-3 days longer than he's usually supposed to be gone because the PM's on this job totally F'd it. I'm lucky I'm able to get me and DD moving in time to get her to school when I need to right now. I'm too tired to cook so we end up eating take-out or fast food everynight, and even though I don't cook my kitchen is a complete disaster and I don't have the energy to clean it right now,nevermind the rest of the house. (Partially DH's fault anyway because of he has a bad habit of dumping crap wherever free space ends up. It's seriously impossible to keep the kitchen bar or table clear enough to do anything on right now because of his junk). Our stupid dog has decided that she doesn't ever need to go out to pee during the day when anyone is home, unless you've just sat down and gotten comfortable or started eating something. She waits until 3am to start whining that she wants to go outside- then takes her sweet time wandering the yard to find a spot to do her business (it's still flippin' cold out and she's a greyhound - she doesn't have any fat, why does she want to be outside when its so cold!!!). Why can she not coordinate this with my 1:30am "I need to get up and pee or my bladder will burst" wake-up call??? And of course since DH isn't around, guess who's up at crazy hours getting no sleep at night and wants to fall alseep on her desk at work and at school during the day. Then they wonder why I'm so exhausted......

Not to mention I'm taking Statistics and Development Psychology classes this semester - I have no brain power left to think about anything else.

Okay - rant over

- Kristina

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-08-2013 - 8:08am

Ohh man, you win.. Being pregnant with no energy sucks A LOT but being alone sucks even worse. My DH goes to school most evenings so I'm alone with 4 kids as well. I haven't had any energy to clean either until yesterday. I cleaned at work and I cleaned at home.. :) But the energy levels vary so much from day to day.. Thankfully my DH comes home and does the dishes and cleans the kitchen either when he comes at home in the evening or early in the morning before he leaves. I'm left with everything else but the kids are big enough to help so it's not too bad. I've been cooking out of the box meals a lot lately. Anything quick and easy. The bigger kids can cook meat and help in that way, setting the table and other easy things.

I got my house super clean yesterday, I even arranged my bathroom and it looks so nice now. It was a wreck before.. AND I went into an aerobics class last night. That was the first time since I found out I was pregnant. Now my stomach muscles somewhere in there are super sore.. I thought I was taking it real easy. Maybe next time I'll tone it down even a little more.

Had my first ultrasound today. Considering I had no recollection of what my LMP was, we'd guessed the dates pretty spot on. The babe only measured 3 days younger than my dates according to my out of the blue guessed LMP.. Not a bad guess. Due date remains 8/21, 2 days before my birthday.

BTW I bough some iron citrate liquidy thing that has a bunch of other vitamins in it too (and folic acid). I started taking it about a month ago and it's helped me SO much. I slept around the clock before I started taking it. It boosted my energy levels a ton only after a few days of use. And almost every day is better than the one before as far as energy goes. It could be coincidental but my morning sickness disappeared too after I started taking the supplement.

S

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-08-2013 - 4:02pm

I'll join this party. I hate to be a whiner too. Especially because some of my dearest friends can't even get pregnant at all, and here I am on my 5th. But I just feel like CRAP! And I had a moment today where I was thinking...oh my word. I'm struggling to get half of what I need to get done done...and this is pregnant. What in the world will I do when I'm juggling a newborn schedule with 4 other boys under 8?! Agh!

I am proud today, I wanted to nap...but I knew I'd wake up feeling just as crappy, and STILL have a ton to do. So I got several things done while the little ones napped.

Just feeling a little overwhelmed...and I think I'd handle it better if I didn't feel so darn yucky!

kelly-mom to rex and gus

due 12-16-09 with baby #3

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-10-2013 - 12:31am

It's nice to get the whines out, lol. Especially when everyone around you is like "you should be grateful," "other people have so many bigger issues." Well, yup, I know that - am I not allowed b**ch and moan once in a while a stuff that bugs me??

I will say that thankfully, this week, my daughter hasn't been the little hellion she can be. :) She's still a hurricane of dirty socks and playground sand everywhere though!

Kristina

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-14-2013 - 9:36pm

I saw this thread (late to the game) and was like...YEAH...I'm in a general whining mood (which, honestly, if I wasn't as hormonal as I am right now, most of the "causes" would probably slide off my back!).

I want to whine, but I'm too tired to vent right now (LOL!).  

I hope everyone is perking up a bit! 

~Amy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 10:52pm

I don't think its ever going to be too late to jump in on this thread, lol!! Whine away! Laughing