Could ivillage fix the bug finally?

iVillage Member
Could ivillage fix the bug finally?
Wed, 03-20-2013 - 9:05am

These boards are in a sad state in comparison to what they used to be many years ago. And all because it takes forever and a lifetime to log in and to be able to post. Does ivillage care, are they planning on fixing this? Are they even aware of the issue?

It seems pointless to even try to post here as the boards aren't picking up and we all know the reason why. I guess ivillage gave up. I guess I should too.

Stina

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-20-2013 - 10:21am

Hi Stina,

I know that the tech issues have been frustrating, but please know that we are aware of them and our tech team continues to work on getting them resolved.  Jessica, our Community Director, posts updates about the progress of our tech team over on the iVillage Help topic if you'd like to see what is being worked on currently.  You can find the iVillage Help topic here- http://www.ivillage.com/forums/ivillage-women/around-ivillage/ivillage-help

Also, regarding the issues you've been having signing in, I may have a little tip that will help.  When I'm logging in and the system seems to be taking a long time to recognize me, I hit F5 to refresh the page.  Almost always this logs me in quickly and I'm able to post without issue.  Please give that a try and see if it helps a bit.  If that doesn't help, or if you have any other questions or concerns I can address, please let me know.  You can reach me by sending a Private Message or by sending an email to pboards@mail.ivillage.com.  I'll be sure to get back to you as quickly as possible.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-25-2013 - 7:50am

I agree Stina.  I used to love it here. I was on the August EC with both of my previous pregnancies (in past years, of course).  That's when IV changed the web site.  It became confusing, hard to read, and lots of technical issues.  I wish they would go back to the old format- it was wonderful!

It changed around the end of 2010, I believe.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-25-2013 - 12:06pm

The boards have changed a few times.. I remember back in early 2000 the posts were so easy to follow because each thread was visible from the main page and all the answers to each post were so that you knew right away which answer was to which post. I never got into the boards as much after they changed the format back then. I kinda kept posting but not really.. And now this is just lame.. BTW I tried the F5 and it didn't work. I had to try to sign in over 10 times today, which is more than usual.

Stina