Feeling kicks or movement yet?

iVillage Member
Feeling kicks or movement yet?
Sun, 02-24-2013 - 8:54pm

I'm 14 weeks and some days and I could almost swear I felt kicks yesterday. However they seemed to be much higher than I expected. I didn't feel it on the outside though. But if I was further along I could have sworn it was the baby. I've felt flutters and little things before for a few weeks already. I've never believed people that claim that they can feel their baby at like 12 weeks.

Do you remember what the earliest weeks were when you felt your baby move in this or previous pregnancies? It's been 7 years since I was pregnant last so for me I just don't remember. I'm thinking I was around 19 weeks with my first one.. Maybe 16-ish weeks with the others. I can't believe I don't remember... :) Maybe I have it up in pregnancy journals somewhere but I sure as heck don't know where any of those might be... :)

Anyone else convinved that they've felt their baby yet?

S

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-25-2013 - 12:52pm

This is my third, and I'm 16 weeks.  I have felt small movements for at least 3 weeks now, and lately they are more definite.  Yesterday I swear the baby was really low and kicking toward my bladdar.  Not looking forward to THAT part...lol.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-25-2013 - 12:52pm

This is my third, and I'm 16 weeks.  I have felt small movements for at least 3 weeks now, and lately they are more definite.  Yesterday I swear the baby was really low and kicking toward my bladdar.  Not looking forward to THAT part...lol.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-28-2013 - 12:20am

I'm pretty sure I've been feeling some movement for that last 2 weeks or so. I'm 16 weeks now, 2nd preg. I found out on the last u/s that I have an anterior placenta (placenta is at the front basically muffling/insulating any movement/feeling) which can make it hard to feel movement until later on, but, lately I feel like I have a goldfish sloshing around in my belly, lol. He was also standing/sitting on his head for that u/s, I'm getting kinda scared about what he's gonna do once he's out and really moving! Surprised

-Kristina

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-28-2013 - 11:57am

Kristina, that happened with my second.  My first didn't move a whole lot, but my second never stopped.  And now that she is 4 1/2, she still hasn't stopped!!  :)

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-15-2013 - 10:17pm
I have been feeling some movement since about 17 weeks...I'm almost 19 now. I had an anterior placenta with my first pregnancy and I was like 22 weeks before I felt anything! I think this is the earliest I've felt distinct movement.

kelly-mom to rex and gus

due 12-16-09 with baby #3