Getting to Know You Questions!

iVillage Member
Getting to Know You Questions!
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 7:49am

When are you due?

Do you have other children?

Have you experienced morning sickness?

Are you a morning person or a night person?

Were you named after anyone?

Do you have any hobbies?

Do you like to cook?

Have you ever met a famous person?

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

What is your favorite color?

What is the last book you read?

Do you have a favorite television show?

What is your favorite movie?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 12:36pm

When are you due? 8/28/2013

Do you have other children? Yes, I have two.  Melanie 4 1/2 and Marc 1 1/2

Have you experienced morning sickness? OMG yes

Are you a morning person or a night person? Ugh.  Right now I feel like a slug, but I usually consider myself a middle-of-the-day person.

Were you named after anyone? Yes!  Ruth Elizabeth (although I go by my middle) after both grandmothers

Do you have any hobbies? I knit and crochet.

Do you like to cook? Yes, but not to clean up, so I don't get to do much cooking in this house with my neat-freak DH.

Have you ever met a famous person? I used to tutor student-athletes for a major division I university, and some of them are in the pros now.

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Chocolate Marshmallow

What is your favorite color? Purple

What is the last book you read? My biology textbook.

Do you have a favorite television show? Friends

What is your favorite movie? Miracle

love~

elizabeth

thanks to scrappyjill for the signature below!
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 1:38pm

Hi Elizabeth,

It is great to get to know you better!  I adore Friends too (my favorite series of all time!) and my favorite color is purple too.  I hope your morning sickness eases soon- no fun at all!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 2:55pm
When are you due? 8/30 but i have csections which i never make it to the date of my water has always broke about 37 weeks so i am guessing more like the 10th Do you have other children? 4 ...12, an 7 yr old boys, 1 and 2 yr old girls Have you experienced morning sickness? horrible i get acute morning sickness and usually reqiure meds, Are you a morning person or a night person? a night person but an all day person my demand.. i have 2 toddlers and it seems someone is up at all times at my house Were you named after anyone? nope, my name is lynn the masculine spelling of one of those assexual names Do you have any hobbies? gardening.. i have a huge 40 by 60 garden Do you like to cook? love 2 Have you ever met a famous person? several Dan haggerty (grizzily adams_when i was a child at a supermarket, I had breakfast with ZZ top at a truck stop when i was like 17, and a few politcal figures when i was young i was a precinct chair for a party went to losts of fancy affairs...(now i feel happy if i get out of my pj's no more gowns for me) What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? depends What is your favorite color? blue/purple What is the last book you read? there is a monter at the end of this book ( i Have four kids) i don't recall the last adult book i read. Do you have a favorite television show? What is your favorite movie? Gone with the wind, legends of the fall and several hooror movies depends on my mood
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 3:18pm
When are you due? August 11th, but since I have c-sections and am diabetic, I'll most likely have a scheduled c-section closer to the end of July. Do you have other children? Two girls, Hannah is almost 8 and Madison is 4 1/2 Have you experienced morning sickness? Really early on I had a little, but really mild and it seems to have completely gone away. I never had it with my girls, so I'm really lucky. Are you a morning person or a night person? Normally morning. Were you named after anyone? My parents were 38 and 40 when I was born, and they had three teenagers. They named me "Mistake". In a loving way mind you! It ended up Misty. My middle name is Joyce after an aunt. Do you have any hobbies? Not really, just raising my kids! I love to cook and bake.... Do you like to cook? Yup!! I'm a member of the Cooking 101 board here on ivillage. Have you ever met a famous person? Not in person, but I regularly chat with Shelly Segal. She's a singer/songwriter and atheist activist from Melbourne Australia. She is a great entertainer and humanist. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Anything chocolate with nuts. What is your favorite color? Blue What is the last book you read? I just read mostly mindless romances, but Elismom2005, The Monster at the End of this Book is a family favorite!! We have the audio book also. I do read a lot of kids books. Do you have a favorite television show? Not really, but I like reality shows like Sister Wives, Little People Big Word etc. What is your favorite movie? None really.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-01-2013 - 12:28am

When are you due?  August 29th

Do you have other children?  Yes...Daniel (4 1/2) and Jared (21 months)

Have you experienced morning sickness?  Often :(

Are you a morning person or a night person?  Definitely not morning, but I'm slow at night too.

Were you named after anyone?  Nope

Do you have any hobbies?  I play the occasional computer game (Sims, Civilization, etc) and I like to cross stich, but I haven't had a whole lot of time to do the latter :/

Do you like to cook?  It's alright...I get a bug in me sometimes to cook something new and exciting, but it isn't too often.

Have you ever met a famous person?  Depends on how "famous" we're talking.  I work in a proverbial fish bowl, and we get political people (Senators, Governors, etc) come through.  Last year I met John McCain & Richard Carmona (the latter was a former US Surgeon General, running for Senate in AZ).  "Met" or rather seen a few celebrities at things like ComicCon or Star Trek conventions :)

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?  Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough :)

What is your favorite color?  Orange

What is the last book you read?  Still reading 50 Shades of Grey

Do you have a favorite television show?  Mmm...current favorite is Big Bang Theory.  All time favorite is Star Trek (any series)

What is your favorite movie? Star Trek anything (yeah, yeah, I know :) ).

Cheers!

~Amy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-01-2013 - 4:26pm
When are you due? Aug 22 Do you have other children? Two. DD is 6 and DS is 4.5 Have you experienced morning sickness? Yes, ugh. New for me :( Are you a morning person or a night person? Night. Were you named after anyone? Nope. Totally original. Do you have any hobbies? Garden, home improvement projects. Do you like to cook? So so. It's hard to love anything you HAVE to do day in day out for years, especially with picky eaters. Have you ever met a famous person? No. Seen a few but never met any. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? New York super fudge chunk. Though since dd has nut allergies, I'm avoiding nuts while preggo. (Doctors aren't convinced this helps, but since I avoided nuts when preggo with #2, and he's not allergic, I'll probably follow the same plan for this little one) What is your favorite color? Aquamarine/teal What is the last book you read? Gone Girl Do you have a favorite television show? Just watched both seasons of Homeland in about a week. Exciting! What is your favorite movie? So many!
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 7:17pm
When are you due? 08/19 Do you have other children? Yes DS is 3 yr Have you experienced morning sickness? More just morning nausea....I never got "sick" with DS either. But I do get the fun experience of hormone migraines. Are you a morning person or a night person? Definitely an evening person Were you named after anyone? Yes...my greatgrandmother on one side and my dad on the other. Do you have any hobbies? I like to crochet and quilt. I also teach ballet/jazz in my "spare" time. Do you like to cook? NO....hate it with a passion. Good thing DH likes to cook huh? Have you ever met a famous person? Not that I remember What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough What is your favorite color? Pink What is the last book you read? I'm currently working on the Sue Grafton mystery series...just finished B is for Burglary Do you have a favorite television show? I have lots, American Idol, The Voice, The X Factor, NCIS, Law & Order SVU....I could keep going... What is your favorite movie? Dirty Dancing and Top Gun It is fun getting to know everyone!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 10:07am

When are you due? Some time in the later part of August

Do you have other children? Yes, four. Andrew 10, Samuel almost 9, Ian 7 and Gianna 6

Have you experienced morning sickness? Yes.. That's how I found out.

Are you a morning person or a night person? I can be either.. I guess as I get older I'm becoming more of a morning person as I love early mornings when the house is still quiet and it's dark out.

Were you named after anyone? Nope.. :)

Do you have any hobbies? I'm heavily involved with church music ministry, which takes quite a bit of my free time. I sing in a band and lead a choir and help out the youth band. We also play in bigger Christian events, recorded a CD last year and had a fairly large Christmas concert that was just televized and just came out. Maybe I'll send you a link to it once I get to know you all a little better.. ;-)

Do you like to cook? Not really. I'll peel and chop for company but I like to let DH keep control of the kitchen. It's one less thing I have to do.

Have you ever met a famous person? Yes. I met Daniel and Natasha Beddingfield and exchanged a few letters with Natasha several years before she ever became famous. Daniel had been offered recording deals but he'd seemed unwilling to take them at the time. Daniel was the craziest, most energetic person I've ever met in real life. I was only 14 at the time. I recall thinking is this dude for real.. LOL.

I've met some other famous people but they're not quite as famous.

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Mudcake, the rich chocolate kind that has mudcake pieces in it.

What is your favorite color? I haven't had one favorite color in years. Generally I like many different shades of green. Dislike pastel colors except for baby blue.

What is the last book you read? I'm currently reading two books. "Am I messing up my kids and other questions every mom asks" (Lysa TerKeurst) And a purse to die for.. Found it for free on my tablet and started reading it as I'm simply exhausted and don't have the energy to do much.

Do you have a favorite television show? Not really but I watch Happy Endings and Two Broke Girls sometimes.. I wish they had a show like "Dance Moms" without the moms.. The dance is awesome but all the drama and fighting puts me in such a bad mood I can't watch the show at all.

What is your favorite movie? I don't think I have one. I recently watched Lost in Austen and loved it.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 3:18pm

When are you due? Current date is 8/19 but will likely change after I get an ultrasound as I'm not positive on my dates.

Do you have other children? Yes, DS 11, DD 9, DS 6

Have you experienced morning sickness? No not at all, just have incredibly sore breasts.

Are you a morning person or a night person? Definitly night

Were you named after anyone? Yes, my mom's friend growing up.

Do you have any hobbies? I like to do some quilting, but not great at it.

Do you like to cook? No, I really don't. SO is a great cook and likes cooking, I just do the cleaning up.

Have you ever met a famous person? Nope

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Plain old vanilla with chocolate syrup

What is your favorite color? Pink, purple, green

What is the last book you read? Misery by Stephen King

Do you have a favorite television show? Bones

What is your favorite movie? I just have a lot that I like, and the list is always changing. So not any I could really say for sure.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 3:59pm

When are you due? spmewhere between aug 18 and aug 25 i think.

Do you have other children? Yes, 3. Ashton is 10, scarlett is 2, and annabella is 10 months

Have you experienced morning sickness? No, not really yet. I have that sick feeling now and again, but thats the extent of it so far, which is great my last 3 pregnancies was morning sickness 24/7

Are you a morning person or a night person? more of an evening/night person, but i work early mornings (5am) so later nights dont happen often

Were you named after anyone? I have 2 middle names after my mom and my mom god daughter

Do you have any hobbies? no, lol

Do you like to cook? not really, I do sometimes, but that often happen too often

Have you ever met a famous person? I met robin williams, and just recently ben afleck came into my work ( i wasnt there boo)

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? score blizzards from DQ

What is your favorite color? red, or royal purple

What is the last book you read? I am reading the vampire cronicles from anne rice, im on the tale of the body snatchers now.

Do you have a favorite television show? last resort, greys, law and order, criminal minds, etc etc

What is your favorite movie? gone with the wind (although i prefer the book)