Have You Announced Your Pregnancy Yet?

iVillage Member
Have You Announced Your Pregnancy Yet?
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 8:37am

Have you made the big announcement? If so, how did you do it? If not, when and how do you plan to share the news?

Need a few creative ideas?

Costumes, Icing, Weding Vows! See the Wacky Ways These Parents Announced Their Pregnancy- http://www.ivillage.com/how-i-announced-my-pregnan​cy-1/6-b-291630?nlcid=pb%7C11-08-2010%7C?ice=iv:m...

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 7:49pm

I'm just now 10 weeks so I've only told immediate family and BFF.  Oh, and I had to tell my boss 2 weeks ago because my morning sickness was interfering with work.  I will tell everyone else when I hit the 12 week mark.  We haven't told our kids yet, because they are 4 and 2 and don't get the concept of keeping a secret!  Smile

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 2:31pm
we are waitingto tell most until the 2nd trimester( we have told a few friends and hubby had to tell everyone at work) we have four other kids and some family members who will be very outspoken about it... although we have a 5 bedroom house and we support our kids without any help, other than my mil will watch the kids if i have an appointment
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 11:31pm

We shared the news with the two kids first and announced to family at Christmas. There are a few other close friends that know, but I'm waiting until after my ultrasound Monday before announcing on facebook to everyone else.

Kristina

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 4:01pm

We told our kids the first night after we found out. Was planning to keep it a secret a little longer but since I spilled the beans to my daughter we obviously had to tell the boys too. We made them all guess what our news was. They were cute, none of the boys guessed it until we pretty much said it.. It was funny. The general reaction was "YAAAAY!!!"

I'm probably telling later on through facebook as well. That way I don't have to tell very many people in person. Or explain why I'm getting fat. :)

I told a couple of friends that don't live here that I've always shared pregnancy news and most of my pregnancies and even deliveries with. Everyone else will have to wait.

I'm puking my guts out but I still want to be sure before I tell everyone. ;-)

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 2:46pm

I had an ultrasound Wednesday, and after that we told close family and our two DD's.  I haven't announced it to anyone else yet, but thinking about doing it today on facebook.

~Misty~