Hello! Early BFP!

iVillage Member
Hello! Early BFP!
Sat, 12-15-2012 - 1:55pm

Hi everyone!  

My name is Amy and I have two sons, Daniel (4) and Jared (1 1/2).  Ever since AF came back post-partum, my cycles were shorter than normal for me (I thought it was the Mirena), but I had the Mirena removed in August and it didn't lengthen my cycles. They were averaging 21-22 days, with a 9-10 day LP.  Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I started testing at 8 and 9dpo and got a DEFINITE BFP at 9dpo!

I got an early BFP this past Thursday...which puts me with an EDD of August 29th!

I look forward to meeting and getting to know everyone...and good luck to those who are still August hopefuls!  

~Amy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-15-2012 - 7:47pm
Welcome to the board and yea for an early BFP! My name is Amanda and I have one DS (3 yrs). When will your first docs appointment be?
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-15-2012 - 10:57pm
What is BFP, AF, LP - late period? and dpo?
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-15-2012 - 11:01pm

Hi Amanda!  Not sure when first appointment will be...I was too busy last week to call the office.  They usually have first appointment around 7-8 weeks though, so I'm guessing around then!

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-15-2012 - 11:10pm

Sorry about the abbreviations Smile  (My husband asks me all the time about those...it's like a foreign language almost, right? Smile ).

BFP = "big fat positive" ... positive pregnancy test

DPO = days past ovulation.  

I was tracking ovulation this time around because I had such short cycles (21 or 22 days vs my "normal" of 28). It makes it harder to gauge when the egg is going to drop when you aren't sure.

LP = luteal phase, the period of time between ovulation and your period showing up (AF = "aunt flo", period).  Most of the time, luteal phase should be about 14 days and any shorter you run the risk of not having the embryo implant before your period is due Frown

(random thing...with each of my kids, I've always jumped the gun and tested before my period was late!  I'm in a group where almost all of us are self-professed pee-stick a-holics).

Cheers!

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-16-2012 - 12:09am

Thank you for the reply back. My husband and I were both trying to figure out / sound out what they all stood for. LOL Smile (self-professed pee-stick a-holics) very funny. I used to be one. Then after realizing that so many of my previous false positives were symptoms of cysts I just gave up thinking I was prego every couple months. I have had a test in my medicine cabinet for months now. I actually used it on the 12th of this month. It came up negative Frown. According to my cycle I would be 12 DPO when I tested. And I was to start my AF today.

I think I am afraid to go get another test. I keep thinking that my symptoms are just from another cyst. I really want another baby….I just don’t want to go through all the prego stuff. And my husband wants another baby too but we are struggling right now financially so he wants to wait. He is the prepper in our house. Smile

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-20-2012 - 2:12pm

Hi Amy and welcome to the board. I'm Lisa and am due on August 13th with baby #7. Hope to get to know you better over the next few months

Lisa 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-20-2012 - 8:05pm

Hi Amy!!!

I'm Elizabeth, and our kids are going to be right together...I have a dd 4, ds 19 mos, and LO likely to be born 8/20.

Glad we're going through this together!!!

thanks to scrappyjill for the signature below!
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 8:26am

Hi Amy,

Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the August 2013 Expecting Club!  I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey.  Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png