Introductions

iVillage Member
Introductions
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 12:04am

I didn't see anywhere to introduce myself so I thought I would start one :)

I am 34 married with 1 child (an 8yr old boy) 

it took me 7 years to concieve our son and i had 2 miscariages before him and almost lost him as well. 

it has been 8 years since my last pregnancy and i am really nervous that this isnt going to last.

we are planning on telling him and the rest of the family on Christmas by giving him a shirt that says something about being a big brother :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 12:41am

Hi, all! Nice to learn a little more about you all!  Congratulations, and lots of sticky vibes to you all!

I am married (7 years) and I have a 5.5 y/o DD and a 3 y/o DD. I had my first m/c last month, so I am trying to temper my excitement, but it's difficult.  I feel like we were given an early Christmas present! 

This pregnancy and the last were surprises, though we weren't exactly preventing.  I'm thrilled to be having a third baby... I used to be able to see myself as a mommy of four, but we 'stopped' at two because we felt it was a smarter move financially.  But I don't think either one of us felt we were 'done', so this is a pleasant surprise.

One thing I'm NOT looking forward to is the WAIT.  I POAS yesterday (like 4 times), and I'm already tapping my foot... I really just want to get past the first trimester, as my last experience has me a little jumpy!

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-16-2012 - 12:26pm

Hi all,

my name is Kat, I am due 8/4 with my second (a bit weird saying that)

I have a 3 yd DD I got married Nov. 26 and found out I was expecting last week.

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-15-2012 - 11:20pm

Nice to meet you!  I'm sure it can be nerve wracking once you've been through so many losses before.  Hoping for a nice, sticky bean in there!

~Amy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-15-2012 - 11:17pm

Hi Angie!  I'm not a first time mommy either, and I understand wanting to be around those who are going through the same things in their pregnancies.  I'm sure each of your pregnancies was a little bit different, and still exciting each and every time.

Have you taken a test yet?  I was a bit shocked at how good (and clear!) the tests have gotten, even since my last pregnancy.  I highly recommend the First Response Early Result ones, if you haven't tried those...they really do mean it when they say you can test up to 6 days before your missed period!

Good luck to you and nice to meet you!

~Amy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-15-2012 - 10:51pm

Hi! My name is Angie and I think I'm Pregnant. Foot in Mouth I'm a mother of 3 children; 22 months, 3 3/4 yrs and 11 yrs. My husband and I have pretty busy lives, we love those moments when we can just sit and do nothing. So i'm joining this board because if I am prego... I will be due late in Aug. I am hoping that this is where I will be able to talk to other mothers about their current pregnancies. I see many sites...including ivillage, that talks to soon to be moms. And all those first time feelings and jidders. But I am not a first time mommy. I have been through 3 other pregnancies. I would like to hear what other moms are currently going through in this pregnancy and how it compares to the other ones.

Anyways, I am not versed in man of the abreviations so please be patient with my lack of quick short replies. Smile

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-14-2012 - 8:44pm
Congrats and FX'd for a very sticky baby bean!!!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 8:03am

Hi there,

Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the August 2013 Expecting Club!  I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey.  Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 3:00am

Welcome to the board and Congratulations!
Lisa 

PhotobucketPhotobucket