Keeping Your HPT? Sentimental or Gross?

iVillage Member
Keeping Your HPT? Sentimental or Gross?
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 8:19am

What do you plan to do? Keep your positive home pregnancy test or throw it out? 

Saving Your Positive Home-Pregnancy Test: Sentimental or Just Plain Gross?- http://www.ivillage.com/saving-your-positive-home-pregnancy-test-sentimental-or-just-plain-gross/6-a-231622?ice=iv:mb:msg:kp

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 11:46am

i did take another one last week...with the situation with my FIL (see my "sticky situation" post under "questions") we tossed the first two i took.  i have been hanging on to that one.  i won't forever.  i took a picture of the digital one (they only stay lit up for 24 hours) and the regular one i took that day.

love~

elizabeth

thanks to scrappyjill for the signature below!
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 11:23pm

Hahahaha...funny!  I've taken pics of all of the tests I've ever taken (and a video of doing the one digital one we did with DS1).  But the battery runs out and the tests just get kind of gross and yellow-y looking after a while.  Having said that, I haven't thrown away the test with this pregnancy yet...it's still funny to come out of the bathroom and look at them each morning :)

~Amy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-30-2012 - 1:31pm

I haven't been able to throw mine out either. When we had company, I put it under the cabinet. DH wants to keep it. It changed everything!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 10:16am

I am keeping mine until it starts feeling more real. Then I can look at the two lines rather than taking another one. I took a picture of it and was planning on telling my mom by sending her a picture of the test in a text message. I haven't yet. I guess I don't want to share the news yet. I won't save the test forever. I wish I had thought of video taping it when I took the test. Both DH and I fully expected it to be negative since we've been off birth control for quite some time and nothing has happened 'til now. The look on his face would have been worth saving... Oh well. :)