Shared Your News at Work Yet?

iVillage Member
Shared Your News at Work Yet?
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 8:15am

Have you shared your pregnancy news at work yet? If so, how did it go? If not, when do you plan to share the news?

If you are nervous about sharing the news, check out this article on iVillage.  The article has some really good things to keep in mind as you tell your boss the big news.

Telling your boss you're pregnant: 5 things you need to know- http://www.ivillage.com/telling-your-boss-youre-pregnant-5-things-you-need-know/6-a-144808?nlcid=yd|01-01-2008?ice=iv:mb:msg:kp

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 2:08pm

I haven't told anyone yet. They know I've been super tired after Christmas but they don't know why. I was off for one week cause I thought I had a stomach flu before I found out. When I went back I did say that I wasn't 100%. One of the ladies got a stomach flu and I think she might think I gave it to her.. But I still didn't say anything.. It was a bit awkward. I don't like to lie so if people ask me what's wrong I'm soon going to be tempted to tell. Clearly I'm not 100%.. I go to work and I'm dead beat after the first hour. I'd mentioned about getting a blanket for our couch for napping.. One of the co-workers went and bought a big blanket so I can take a nap...

So they all know I'm dead tired. No one knows the reason except for me.. I was hoping to wait until the first ultrasound so that I know for sure that there's something in there that's alive.

S

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 9:18am

I have not told anyone at work yet, but I may have to spill the beans soon.  My pants are so super tight and it is getting pretty obvious.  I was hoping to wait until at least 12 weeks, but I'm not sure if I'll make it!  I'm a bit nervous about telling my boss!

photo makesmewondersig_zps5842bb06.png