We're having a girl!!

iVillage Member
We're having a girl!!
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 6:43pm

Not sure how many are still around. Seems like everyone has given up on the board.. can't blame you though it's kinda sad. I used to love these boards!!

Anyways, we had an ultrasound today and found out that our August baby is girl. We are so excited. We have 3 boys and 1 girl and we definitely were hoping for another girl to even out the numbers. Our daughter that we have is a true sunshine of the family and way too spoiled (in a good way).. She needs a contender. :-)

We told the kids by giving them a few clues. We'd bought pink roses, we got them all jars of baby food that was as pink as we could find. We'd gotten only pink candies for each of them (for an extra treat). At this point our 2nd oldest realized the pink theme and he pointed it out. We tried to act all nonchalant about it.. We'd already agreed earlier that we'd reveal the gender of the baby by either pink or blue balloons. We told them to come upstairs to see the balloons. They all had their eyes closed and covered and they were all bumping into each other and the walls. Ohh the screams of joy when they saw the pink balloons! Our youngest boy was the only one slightly bummed out. He said we should have prayed that it was a boy.. I guess he doesn't want to be the youngest boy anymore.. Silly little thing.

Baby was healthy, everything looked fine. She was a tiny bit behind in growth, measuring only 19 weeks 4 days instead of 20w5d. She was a couple of days behind in the last ultrasound as well but now 8 days behind. The midwife that did the scan didn't seem concerned, in fact she didn't even say she was measuring behind. I saw it in the notes she wrote in my maternity card. Either way I know it's normal to be a few days off so I'm sure it's fine.

We're super happy and blessed and just thrilled to be having another girl.

S

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 11:55pm

WooHoo!  I'm sure it'll be wonderful having another little girl around the house!  You guys were pretty creative with the annoucement to the kids too...my two are still too young to catch on to that sort of thing LOL.  I really wanted to try and do a gender reveal type thing with cupcakes or what-not, but we totally let the cat out of the bag about 30 minutes after the ultrasound :)

Congrats!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-09-2013 - 2:13am

So what are you having?

We were talking to the kids about how we were going to reveal it and had the balloons all planned out in advance. Still one of the kids called me while we were at the store and he was trying to get me to reveal the gender. It was funny. He's like all "sooo.. mom.. I got my math test back today".. I'm like great, what grade did you get.. He's like " I don't remember".. I'm thinking to myself you so did not call me to tell me you got your math test back and don't even remember the grade you got.. Funny kid. But he had to wait. :-)

S

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-09-2013 - 7:45am

Congratulations on expecting your healthy baby GIRL!  How exciting! I just love how you shared the news with your other kiddos- so very cute! 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 3:42pm

Ahh, congrats!!  I am getting the boy I wanted, so we're both in luck!

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 6:45pm

Fiveandmore, I sent you a message :)

~Misty~