Any Prenatal Testing You'll Decline?

iVillage Member
Any Prenatal Testing You'll Decline?
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 8:49am

Women who have chronic health problems or unusual health histories will have more tests than most women, although not all health care providers use the same tests and procedures.

Tests Performed During Pregnancy- http://www.ivillage.com/tests-performed-during-pregnancy/6-a-144812

Are there any routine tests (or even tests that aren't so routine) that you have declined having done while pregnant? What were your reasons for passing up those tests?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 10:38am

I don't think so!  We are still trying to decide if we want to find out if baby is a boy or a girl (I want to find out, my husband doesn't), but other than that, we have no plans to decline anything at this point.

photo makesmewondersig_zps5842bb06.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 1:57pm
I'm doing all the routine tests, except the glucose because I'm already full blown diabetic. I have declined all the tests for high risk or older mom's, even though I'm 37 and diabetic. I talked to my OB about it, and I don't think the risks are worth it.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-09-2013 - 6:43pm

We skip the GD and GBS tests. We skip the Gestational Diabetes test because I haven't shown the risk factors, and because the main result is a large baby, which doesn't scare me. We pass on the Group B Strep test, because the results just aren't helpful. If memory serves, tsetting positive a couple of weedoe before the birth doesn't mean you'll be positive at the birth, and vice versa. Best to just keep an eye out for fever, etc. during labor.