Morning Sickness? Join Our Support Group!

iVillage Member
Morning Sickness? Join Our Support Group!
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 2:32pm

Are you suffering from morning sickness?  If so, join here!  This will be a great place to offer support and advice to other ladies feeling the same way you are. 

What have you found that helps?  Anything that makes it worse?

Move Over, Morning Sickness- http://www.ivillage.com/move-over-morning-sickness​/6-a-129177

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 12:23pm

Yes for morning sickness. Although it does come in waves throughout the day. The extreme fatigue coupled with morning sickness has had me housebound for a couple of days already. It's almost like being sick with the stomach flu or some other bug. Only I know it's going to last a lot longer than a stomach bug..

Eating something first thing in the morning seems to help. I don't normally eat a lot of bread but I've had quite a few pieces of toast and butter the last couple of days. Also when I feel nauseous drinking plain water makes it way worse. I don't care for bubbly water but it seems to stay down a lot better.

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-30-2012 - 10:55pm

Sign me up for the morning sickness!  I had some moments of wishful thinking that this kid would spare me, but I guess not!  I've had m/s for all pregnancies thus far, and inevitably end up losing weight from it.  Had my first bout of actually throwing up this morning :(

It really depends on the day what helps.  Getting something (even small) into my tummy first thing usually helps a little.  And not trying to overdo on the eating, but rather having lots of small things.  Sometimes salty is appealing, sometimes sour.  I don't ordinarily care that much for ginger, but while pregnant it seems to calm the tummy.  My personal favorites were/are the sour preggy pops and these crackers called tranquil tummy (one of the lab intern's fathers was a VP of the company that sold them...she hooked me up with a few free boxes!).

However, on really bad days (and days where I can't afford to work so hard on trying to hold it together), my last /current OB gave me a prescription for Zofran.  It has helped IMMENSELY, even to the point of taking the edge off the all-the-time-queasy feeling, and even helping to get at least a bite of food into me.  My 1st OB's philosophy was sort of "suck it up, buttercup" in regards to morning sickness, and was never as forthcoming with anything else to help.

Now, I have a really strong gag reflex, and if I'm going to throw up, I'm going to throw up.  Smells are what set me off, and the top things that set me off are 1.  poop/pee (kid, cat, etc), 2.  dirty dishes and 3.  raw meat.  I threw up too many times at work just going to use the bathroom (walked in and someone had done something stinky in there recently).  

I'm always up for suggestions...if someone finds something else that works, I'll try it and might add that to the rotation!

~Amy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-22-2012 - 8:37pm
Ugh, just started for me :(. Just have felt 'gaggy' for last couple days. Nothing seems to help yet. I sure hope this stays mild. I never had ANY for first two pregnancies.
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-22-2012 - 8:37pm
Ugh, just started for me :(. Just have felt 'gaggy' for last couple days. Nothing seems to help yet. I sure hope this stays mild. I never had ANY for first two pregnancies.