Pregnancy-Safe Medications

iVillage Member
Pregnancy-Safe Medications
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 11:02am

You know to skip sushi and soft cheese when you're pregnant, but what about treating a headache or the flu? While some over-the-counter medications are safe to take during pregnancy, others aren't -- and it's important to find out how a drug might affect your growing baby. Here's what to know about 16 common conditions -- how to treat them without medication, what's safe to take and what to avoid -- so you can feel better fast.

Pregnancy-Safe Medications: How to Treat Cold, Flu, Headaches, Allergies & More- http://www.ivillage.com/medications-are-safe-take-pregnancy/6-b-501241

Anyone been sick during this pregnancy so far?  If so, what did your doctor suggest you take to treat your illness?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-19-2013 - 3:00pm

I am sick :( 

i got it from my sweet little boy. He is coughing ALOT more than me and his throwing up seems coughing induced where as mine is random. Wasn't too bad I took a couple days off work and thought it would be over soon.

Not so lucky, I have been sneezing and blowing my nose ALL night. My nose is sore and my head feels awful. The sneezing wouldn't be too bad in itself even though it seems to be once every 5 minutes but its the drippy nose in between. I had to send hubby to the store for more tissues. I put a call into my doc just waiting on the call back to see what the best thing to take is ( I've tried a hot shower, washing my face and hot tea)

-Jenni 13 weeks 6 days pg

Due 8/21/2013 

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-20-2013 - 9:43am

SO sorry to hear that you are sick!  I hope the doctor was able to offer some advice.  Being sick stinks- being sick while you are pregnant is just awful.  Feel better soon!

photo makesmewondersig_zps5842bb06.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-21-2013 - 1:13am

Ok so what she wanted me to take is 

claritin ( not going to take it since Claritin has never helped past the past)

Sudafed PE

Robitussin PM

Benadryl (not going to take science I took it ALOT as a kid and it doesn't seem to help as much anymore)

Halls - Honey Lemon

Tamflu 

the tami flu made me throw up ALL night so today they also prescribed an anti-naseau medicine

*sigh*

sorry if it's TMI but

I can't wait until I feel better i don't know what's worse. The constant nose dripping, the barking cough, naseau/throwing up Or recent diarea