Freezing Meals Before Baby Arrives?

iVillage Member
Freezing Meals Before Baby Arrives?
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 10:50am

Is anyone planning to make a few freezer-friendly meals before baby arrives? I did this when I was expecting and it was really nice to have some home cooked meals ready to warm up in those first few weeks after baby arrived.  What's your plan? Will you be freezing meals?  If so, what are your favorite meals to make in advance? Share your recipes with us!

Freezable, Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes- http://www.ivillage.com/freezable-make-ahead-breakfast-recipes/3-b-373616

Freezer-Friendly Meals for Busy Weeknights- http://www.ivillage.com/freezer-friendly-meals-busy-weeknights/3-b-156116

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 7:25pm
Sorry, I'm stocking from the November board. I am planning on stocking up on freezer meals next week. I had heard great things about pinterest but never tried it. I love your your freezer meal ideas! Thanks for sharing!
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 12:07am
Lauren Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 12:17am
Oh, yes! I only wish we had a bigger freezer! :smileywink:
I plan to double several meals that I make in November and freeze the extra. Lasagna freezes well, meatballs, soup/chili, enchiladas, pancakes, egg bakes. I also freeze individual lunch portions if there is enough so DH has something to take to work, and I have something I can grab for lunch. I used to do a freezer cooking club with several friends at my house, so I have a binder full of recipes to go through. We made some really good meals.
There's also a lot of links I've been seeing on pinterest that are freezer meals that you put together in baggies to freeze. When you want to make them, you thaw and put right into the crock pot. I haven't tried any of those yet, but I have several "pinned." Definitely worth a try!
Lauren Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 5:45pm

This website rocks!! Thank you so much for sharing it. I love that they have a vegetarian menu as I am a vegetarian and DH rarely eats meat now that he's married to me. haha

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 5:43pm

I think DH and I will definitely do this. We're also going to have my Mom here helping us out after Eli is born. She absolutely LOVES to cook for her family and clean. I know she really wants to help us prepare meals so we won't stop her. :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 12:58pm
This website: http://onceamonthmom.com/ has lots of ideas for things that freeze well. I use it when I can, freezing 4-8 meals a month.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 11:07am
I'm planning on freezing as much as possible-I'm not sure what yet LOL! Meatloafs for sure-maybe soups and stew.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 10:56am

Totally. I'll do lasagna, meatloaf, pot roast, etc. in Nov. and just make double batches and freeze half. It's much, much easier to throw something in the oven than try to make foods (or clean up from the husband that doesn't know how to clean as he goes along in the kitchen :smileywink: )

Photobucket