New Yahoo CEO Takes 2 Wk Maternity Leave

iVillage Member
New Yahoo CEO Takes 2 Wk Maternity Leave
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 12:44pm

So, as she said she would, Yahoo's new CEO Marissa Mayer took a two-week maternity leave. Yesterday she enthusiastically Tweeted: "My first full day back in the office and I'm excited to kick it off by announcing my new COO." 

Cue the discussions on what this means about her as a mom, what this means about her as a CEO -- and, of course, what this means for the rest of us.

Some say that her choice not to take a real maternity leave of six weeks or eight weeks or three months sets a bad example. Or that it says something about whether moms can or can't have it all. Others feel badly for her -- that she doesn't understand how special those early weeks are for bonding with your baby. Or how hard it is to be sleep-deprived and hormonal while you try to think straight at work. 

Read More http://www.ivillage.com/yahoo-ceo-marissa-mayer-took-short-maternity-leave/6-a-494588#ixzz29Zk6ZR3F

Two weeks! Wow!  What do you think about the amount of leave she took? Does it set a bad example? Is it no big deal at all?

photo snowsiggy.png