Nursing and pregnant?

iVillage Member
Nursing and pregnant?
Fri, 04-06-2012 - 3:32pm
I am still nursing my 3rd. I plan to nurse throughout pregnancy as I did with my others. Anyone else?
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 3:34pm
I have nursed while pregnant twice. The first one only nursed until about 10.5 months and stopped on his own. The second, and my most recent pregnancy, he stopped on his own the day before his first birthday - I was 21 weeks pregnant. I know that my supply was drying up on it's own and I didn't go through any crazy measures to keep it up as nursing my large one year old was becoming more difficult as my belly grew and i knew I had no desire to nurse both of them once the baby was born. There were some concerns that the baby wasn't growing as much as he should and we had to see the perinatologist to double check. He seemed ok at that point. I was concerned that my nursing too long wasn't helping my innie baby grow enough. But then he was born a month early (he still should be inside me!) and he was 6 pounds 1 ounce! So he was a good size after all. As long as you feel like keeping it up, there is no medical reason to have to stop nursing as long as you aren't at risk for preterm labor or have other issues that might be effected. Good luck!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 8:52am
I am nursing my seventeen month old and just found out we are expecting number two! I never even had a period! I am guessing i am due around Christmas but not sure. Appt Monday! Anyway I plan to keep nursing as i wanted to get to at least two years and lo still depends on it a few times a day. Trying to locate a copy of Adventures in Tandem Nursing. Very early here so only slight tenderness. I can handle that.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 3:28pm

I have nursed while pregnant three times.

http://www.myjoy-filledlife.blogspot.com