reconnecting over cloth diapers

iVillage Member
reconnecting over cloth diapers
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 5:51pm

I'm super excited! I'm going over to a friend's house tonight that i grew up with in Indiana. We have lived in the same town in Tennessee for like 8 years and this is the first time we've actually made plans to just hang out. she cloth diapered her kids and she's found a newborn stash for me that should take us through 6months or longer for $85 and she's going to explain how all the covers and washing and everything work. Yay for a great deal and a great friend!

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 10:49pm
Thanks!
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 4:53pm
I am due Dec. 4th and have a 2-yr-old girl. I have been using Bum Genius diapers as the diaper service I started out with kinda sucked. But my sister lives in San Francisco and her diaper service is awesome. Anyhow, try a variety of diapers out to see what you like, and check into if there is a diaper service in your area.
The ones I use were expensive at first - like $15 each and I bought 8 to start with. But I am doing laundry all the time anyhow, and they really work good - no leakage especially overnight.
I would also recommend one of those sprayers that attach to the toilet so you can just wash the poop directly into the potty so they dont stain or smell.
I use disposables when we go to the grandparents houses though so they don;t have to deal with the smell.
Good LUCK and good for you for using cloth!

Pages