Weekly Check In (09/1712)

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Weekly Check In (09/1712)
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 2:53pm

Is anyone else having a hard time believing that we are already halfway through September?

How far along are you?

When is your next appointment?

Have you started kick counts?

Now that we are mostly all in the 3rd trimester how is it treating you?

Any new symptoms?

Are you dressing your belly up for Halloween?

What is one food you can't live without right now?

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 3:31pm

How far along are you? 28 weeks, 3 days

When is your next appointment? I have the 3 hour GD test thise week. I had the one hour last week, but I guess the number was a little high. Hopefully, it will come out fine. My next regular dr appmt is 9/27- every 2 weeks now.

Have you started kick counts? No official counting. But I am extra observant when I am sitting still for a while- he'll usually give me a good nudge or two. =)

Now that we are mostly all in the 3rd trimester how is it treating you? Great! I am constantly tired, but I do get little bursts of energy/ nesting, so that's good. On Saturday night, all i wanted to do was wash the kitchen floor. Hard work, but it felt good to get it done. 

Any new symptoms? I am with Shannon- shortness of breath. It's nuts. And I am ALWAYS hot and sweaty. I've been layering- mostly tank tops under cardigans. I hardly ever actually have the cardigan on. I am soooo looking forward to cooler fall & weather. 

Are you dressing your belly up for Halloween? Nope. But I still have to figure out what the girls are going to wear. I'm trying to convince them to wear costumes/dress up clothes that we already have... hopefully they will go for it!

What is one food you can't live without right now? Chocolate, chips & salsa. I have to watch this weight gain, sheesh!

Lauren Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 3:54pm

How far along are you? 26w3d

When is your next appointment? Oct 3rd

Have you started kick counts? Not yet-this one is so active. He's always kicking anyway.

Now that we are mostly all in the 3rd trimester how is it treating you? Shortness of breath here too. Still having sciatic nerve pain that nearly stops me in my tracks. ALWAYS HOT...Other than that pretty good. I'm starting to feel the mood swings though HA HA!

Any new symptoms? None other than the above mentioned LOL

Are you dressing your belly up for Halloween? We might do the pumpkin belly...Not sure though.

What is one food you can't live without right now? Fruit bars(like fruit leathers) and cereal. And anything fried...

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 6:00pm

I'm so excited we're halfway through September already. . .come on December!! :smileyvery-happy:

How far along are you? 28 weeks 5 days!

When is your next appointment? October 11th with my midwife, but I'm still waiting to hear back from my midwife's office about an appointment with the endocrinologist.

Have you started kick counts? No not yet, but I am always making sure to be aware of his kicking, especially when I'm sitting or laying down.

Now that we are mostly all in the 3rd trimester how is it treating you? It has been pretty good. I am still dealing with the fainting issue, and apparently I have gestational diabetes. I don't think I'm even going in for the three hour test. . .they're just assuming I have it since my sugar was 210 after the 1 hour test.

Any new symptoms? Nothing new.

Are you dressing your belly up for Halloween? Yes! I think my Mom and sister are going to paint a pumpkin on my belly at my baby shower. :smileyvery-happy:

What is one food you can't live without right now? Cheez-It crackers are good. And fruit. And veggies.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 8:43pm

How far along are you? 28 weeks 1 day

When is your next appointment? Sept 27

Have you started kick counts? i've never really had to do kick counts with any of my kiddos they have been movers.

Now that we are mostly all in the 3rd trimester how is it treating you? I'm feeling great. i took three of the boys to do my shopping and libraries and stuff on Saturday morning and then came home and painted half of their bedroom. I also found a prenatal pilates workout on youtube that i love. trying to do that at least every other day.

Any new symptoms? the itchy scalp thing is pretty annoying and heartburn is more common. and i also get a pain in the muscles of my inner thighs and crotch not so much if i'm on my feet but if i've been sitting/lying in one postion for a long time and then i try to get up and walk, i get really cramped up and stiff. it can be hard to walk and pretty painful. 

Are you dressing your belly up for Halloween? i've joked about painting my belly as an Angry bird but i don't know if i will or not.

What is one food you can't live without right now? really i've just wanted ice water lately. i'm not really saying no to any other food but ice water always sounds good. that or hot chocolate. and apple pie with cranberries would be nice. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 4:20pm

How far along are you? 29w2d

When is your next appointment? Thursday this week, September 2oth, probaby going to be going every other week after this one.  I can't believe I am to that point already!

Have you started kick counts? Not really, but I pay pretty close attention to her activity.  I never did kick counts with DS either.  I basically know this baby's regular activity level and pay attention to make sure she seems to be "normal".  If I think she has been inactive I bust out my doppler and that usually gets her going.

Now that we are mostly all in the 3rd trimester how is it treating you? Pretty good!  Just getting bigger which makes it harder to get around, but that can be expected.

Any new symptoms? Still constipated but not as bad.  Holy heartburn!!!  Its getting much worse.  Oh and pregnancy rage LOL  My poor DH bears the brunt of that.  Peeing all the time and not sleeping well.  Just typical stuff for being 6 months pregnant I guess.

Are you dressing your belly up for Halloween? Doubt I will dress up.  We aren't going to any parties or events where I would dress up.  I hate dressing up anyways LOL

What is one food you can't live without right now? Cereal and sweets.  I currently have three cartons of ice cream in my freezer.  DH told me the other night "you know your wife is pregnant when there are no clean bowls in the house because she is constantly eating cereal or ice cream" LOL

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 3:06pm
How far along are you? 29 weeks
When is your next appointment? Had a level II ultrasound today to rule out a potential brain ventricle issue - all looked good, so next appt is 10/01
Have you started kick counts? I've been very mindful of movements. Thankfully, this munchkin moves pretty continuously so I never have to wait long!
Now that we are mostly all in the 3rd trimester how is it treating you? It seems that I got bigger really quickly! My belly is huge, I'm tired, out of breath and a little grumpy. Lol, lucky Hubby :-)
Any new symptoms? Still rocking the non stop heartburn, and now hip and sciatic nerve pain is pretty constant. Oh, and I've been waking up in the middle of the night wide awake. It takes me hours to go back to sleep...very frustrating.
Are you dressing your belly up for Halloween? I think DH is going to paint a pumpkin, and I thought it'd be funny to dress up like a nun.
What is one food you can't live without right now? I don't have any cravings! I haven't really the whole time. As long as it tastes good, and I'm hungry, I'm happy with it.