Had the ultrasound...It's a...

iVillage Member
Had the ultrasound...It's a...
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 7:42pm

Non-cooperative baby! :smileywink:

All is well, baby is formed perfectly (as much as we can tell) and I was in tears looking at the little hands and the mouth opening and closing. I am content.

But DH is perturbed at not knowing :smileywink: and I'm a little let down just because I promised the kids we would find out. We could do the 4D ultrasound for $150, but that's a lot of money for a non-necessity, ya know?

Yay for a healthy baby!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 12:16am

Oh my goodness I was holding my breath as I clicked on this link!! hahaha Awwww, I'm sorry LO wasn't being cooperative! Will they let you reschedule? I'm glad baby is healthy though. :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 12:59am
Healthy is fantastic! So, I have some company on team green!!!! I'll take it even though it is against your will ;-) Will you have another chance to find out?
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 10:58am

Against my will??? Sounds like fun :smileywink:

Um, yeah, we don't know yet if we're going to pay the extra for a secondary ultrasound. I'm find not knowing and the kids don't seem to mind. It's only 16 more weeks...

DH, on the other hand, has today and tomorrow to decide if he can live with it. I'm leaving it up to him, since it matters to him more than me. I got my surprise with Ayla and I feel content that I've had that "life experience" even if it was in the car, by passing streetlights, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 1:44pm
Lol, just meant that baby wasn't cooperating...we aren't sure about paying for the 4D either. Seems like a lot to spend on something unnecessary when there are no many necessities to buy, but DH really wants to see some clear face pics.
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 4:43pm

I found a place here in town that will do a 2D gender determination with pics for $75 on the military rate. I went ahead and made an appt. so we'll find out on Wed.

I just was starting to wig out about not knowing which room we'd be setting up the changing area/clothes/diaper rack/etc. in and DH said maybe it would be good just to go ahead and make an appt.  With my daughter it was easier because we were in a 2br and there was our room (crib) and the kids' room (everything else). Having a girl's room and a boy's room complicates things...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 2:25am
$75 is good!