Feeling Down

iVillage Member
Feeling Down
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 8:25pm

I'm sure that it's just pregnancy hormones but I'm feeling down today- I know it sounds selfish and I really don't mean to be but there is a part of me that is a little disappointed that I'm not having a shower this time around. I don't even really care about gifts or anything...I just have been feeling that no one really seems all that interested in this baby and it makes me sad for me and dh and LO... We can't even get anyone to come and see the nursery and our entire family lives in the same city(and the room has been done for weeks) I dunno-I'm sure that I'm just being overly sensitive. But I'm glad you ladies are here to talk to about it!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 8:57pm

aww i'm so sorry. i totally understand how you feel. hey aren't you one of us music city girls? you and me and Laura need to get together and hang out sometime. we can be excited for eachother. and i for one would love to see your nursery. we're still in the process of trying to get the all the books moved out of our former library so we can paint and move baby furniture in there.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 9:29pm

When I was pregnant with Ayla, we were 12 hrs from our nearest relatives and close friends. It was awful and I didn't have a baby shower. We did do our Motherhood ritual, but it was just me and DH, so not much sharing or excitement there. It was really bummy and sucked.

With that said, I couldn't imagine having my family in the same town and them not being involved, hosting a shower or blessingway, something, anything. That must feel really crummy. I'd be sad and kinda ticked off, too. :smileysad:

(((HUGS))) and I hope someone steps up their game and makes you feel special really soon.

~Thalia

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 1:25pm
Thanks:-) Yes I sure am in Murfreesboro and would love to get together sometime! You're right. We can be excited for each other!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 1:32pm
Thanks:-) you ladies have made me feel better! It does suck because My mom, step-dad and sisters, and DH's entire(and very large) family is here.... I just thought someone might express some interest. I feel really blessed to have my DH because I know he tries to make me feel special everyday-He tells me what a great mom I am and gushes over all the work we've done to get ready for L.O. But Sometimes it just hits me all at once and I feel kind of alone in my excitement.
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 5:40pm

Awwwww. Your post made my heart hurt! :smileysad: I'm sorry you are experiencing this from your family. I don't know if this helps at all but I care about and am interested in you and LO!!!! :smileyvery-happy: And I would totally come see your nursery! I don't understand why your family wouldn't want to be more involved. . .this is such a significant time in your life. Have you tried telling them how you feel? I know that is extremely hard because it's family. I hope things turn around though. And I am all for a meet up sometime if you ladies want to. :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 8:13pm
Thanks! It makes me feel better to know that there is a group of ladies that I can talk to! I haven't said anything to anyone...I guess I feel like if they come just because I say something about it, it's just not the same. Are you taking classes at MTSU this semester? I noticed you said you missed a test in your GD post. I missed all of Tuesday because I was so bummed Monday it made me feel bad. I feel better now and will be back in class tomorrow though thanks to you ladies(and DH of course!)
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 3:17pm
Aww, that really stinks! I'm sorry your family isn't taking more of an interest, I'm sure it feels a little lonely. It seems like you have a fantastic Hubby by your side though! I bet after the baby is born everyone will be lining up to cuddle and visit, but it certainly doesn't help you much now. Hope someone surprises you with a visit and lots of hugs soon :-)
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 8:10pm

You're welcome. Yeah, I totally know what you mean. And yes, I'm taking 13 hours this semester. I missed two classes and a test on Wednesday because I was laying down in my car on campus trying not to faint. It was awful! But I got a note from my midwife and I will be able to make up the test next week thank God. I'm sorry you missed all of Tuesday! :smileysad: How many hours are you taking this semester?

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 11:54am

I was taking 12 hrs. but I dropped an anthropology class. I don't know if it was because it was my last class of the day or because it was just boring but I came out of there so irritable everyday. LOL! I couldn't sit still. The seats are hard in that class...Ugh. So now I'm taking 9hrs. All on Tues/Thurs

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 1:08am

I don't blame you! haha I took an anthropology class my freshman year at UT (in Austin, TX) and I so badly wanted to drop it. Fortunately I got through it but I really disliked the class. All of my classes this semester are Monday/Wednesday/Friday.