In hospital for observation

iVillage Member
In hospital for observation
Fri, 11-23-2012 - 9:45pm

Hi all,

I know the boards have been really slow lately and I haven't been posting much either. However, if y'all could send up a few prayers/positive thoughts/ whatever you can it would be appreciated. My hands & feet have been swelling pretty bad lately and my doc had me come in for some labs. Unfortunately the labs didn't come back as we had hoped so they have admitted me to L&D under observation for the next 24 hours. I am nearly 37 weeks so I am not worried about the baby coming but I am really struggling with having to stay here and not be with my 3 yr old son. Obviously I know I have to leave him for labor and recovery and he and I have been talking about it to prepare him. But today really caught us off guard and both he and I are having a hard time with it. I have only spent 3 nights away from him ever. 2 of which were last year when I was in the hospital for gallbladder surgery. I just got off the phone with him and he was bawling his eyes out because he realized I wasn't going to be there for prayers and songs right before bedtime. Thankfully my hubby had me on speaker phone and I was still abel to pray with him and sing him his songs but it was heart wrenching to hear my baby cry because I wasn't there to kiss him goodnight. I am thankful my husband can put him to bed, thankful my mother-in-law will stay the night to help out, and so very thankful for my wonderful Dr. and awesome hospital staff but this really sucks. Anyway, I know this was a long rant but I know some of yall have been in my position before so you can understand how hard it is not being able to be there for your kids when you really want to be. 

I hope everyone is staying healthy and almost ready for their little arrvials. Take care!

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-23-2012 - 11:00pm

Oh gosh I am so sorry you are going through this. It almost made me tear up reading your post. I will definitely pray for you and your health, for peace in your heart, and for your little guy. I can imagine that must be so hard to hear him upset like that. Thankfully he is in good hands! Please keep us updated on your situation!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 10:34am

Awwww, big (((Hugs))) coming your way.  It can be so difficult to be away from your little one.  I hope that things are going better and that you are home by now.  Update us when you can!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-28-2012 - 4:53pm
Thank you both for your kind words and thoughts. They released me Saturday afternoon and I am on semi-bedrest. I say semi because I have a 3 year old and you can only stay immobile for so long with a young one! I went to the Doctor tomorrow and he has scheduled me for an induction on the 17th (my due date is the 20th). He wanted me to be induced earlier but I want to try to let our baby "cook" as long as possible. I have to have blood re-drawn next week as they are keeping a close eye on my labs. I still have a few last things to accomplish before our little one's arrival but I am also very anxious to meet him. Thank you again!