Hurt My Back On Saturday

iVillage Member
Hurt My Back On Saturday
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 11:54pm

Hi Ladies, I could use some P&PT's nothing baby related. I was doing a chairty hot dog sale, and my son showed up I picked him up and sat down with him and all the sudden I had shooting pain through out my back. Within 15 mintues I couldn't even walk. I went to a care clinic and they said that I strained the muscle, but that since I was pregnant all I could take for pain was tylenol.

I've pretty much spend every moment since then in bed. I can't even go to the bathroom by myself DH has to help me sit down, and get up. I went and saw the fill in doctor today, who said that I have to "just get over it" and start using it. I've been trying to, but it really hurts. He wouldn't write me a note for work so I have to go in tomorrow and I'm very nervous about it.

If I could have some P&PT that I am able to work, and that my back gets better soon.

Thanks Ladies,

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 7:05am
Oh no!!! I'm so sorry do your pain. I'm disgusted by any MD who would tell you to just get over it. Personally I would complain. It I'm very picky about medical care.
It could be a muscle of nerve pinch that will just take some time to heal. Worst case it could be a disc issue but since your pregnant they wouldn't do imaging or medicate you. Im sending p&pt that it's just a stubborn muscle and it feels better soon!!!

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005