insurance and the other kiddos

iVillage Member
insurance and the other kiddos
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 5:13pm

My 5 year old was diagnosed with High Functioning Autism in March. He's been seeing a speech therapist for a language delay through the school system for about 2 years now but the doctors who gave us his diagnosis also recomended occupational therapy which the school system doesn't provide. So we started looking around and found a fantistic guy who comes to the house and also works with DH and I to teach us how to work with Cornelius and with the other boys so that they can support their brother also. The only problem is he's out of network. and i called the insurance company today and was told that out of network = out of pocket. The OT agreed with us that we only need get together every other week rather than every week and he doesn't charge for phone or e-mail consultation but the visits are still pretty expensive for us.

What I'm asking for now is prayer for the insurance company to accept the OT's claim of "network adequacy" if they will do that our visits with him will be just a co-pay like a regular doctor visit. We can already see improvement from using the suggestions that the OT has given us and the time that he has spent with Corny. We hope we can keep seeing him on a regular basis.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 7:57pm
P&PT that they accept his request. DD had cancer at age 4 so I completly understand the insurance fears. Hope it all works out for you!

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005