Job loss

iVillage Member
Job loss
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 1:12pm

Hi all,

My husband came home from work this morning and told me he was getting laid off. We are scrambling to find him a new job and in the mean time are going to have to rely heavily on family to help us out. Thankfully the house we live in is owned by his grandparents so we don't have to worry about losing the house, which I am so thankful for. 

If you could please just lift up some prayers for us it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to see the silver lining in all of this but its hard. Thankfully our DS is only 3 so he doesn't realize what is going on and my husband is being so strong for us and keeping my spirits high and helping me stay optimistic. Its just so hard being almost 6 months pregnant and realizing you will have no income in a few weeks. Anyway, thank you for listening.

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: bunny_tail
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 8:50pm
I am so sorry that you're going through this and I feel your pain. My DH has been out of work since May. Luckily our morgage company has been fantastic, there are a lot of federal programs that assist those who are out of work through no fault of their own, and he's been able to draw unemployment. Stay strong, know that everything will be ok! and in the mean time enjoy your extra time with your DH...
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 9:17pm

I am so sorry you and your DH are going through this. :smileysad: I know that it must be pretty scary, especially knowing your source of income will be gone. Can he get unemployment? I will definitely be praying for you guys. . .that God will provide for you, that DH will find a new, steady job, and that yall will have peace and hope along the way. Keep us updated!! <3

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 11:47am
Thank you, I am sorry your husband has been struggling as well. I am going to spend the weekend looking into some programs that can help us out in the mean time. That is such a blessing you have a mortgage company that is so willing to work with you-you don't see that very often these days! We will keep your family in our thoughts as well! I am not going to lie, the prospect of spending more time with my hubby is fantastic!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 11:48am
We are unsure if he will be able to draw unemployment, it all depends on how HR words his dismissal. Thank you for your prayers, they are very much appreciated. In the mean time my husband will be able to pick up work with his Grandfather maintaining their 40-some odd properties so that is a blessing! Thank you for your support!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 1:54pm
So sorry to hear :-( My husband has had ups and downs with employment the last few years, its so scary and trying! Hope your DH finds a new fantastic position soon, and maybe that silver lining will become obvious <3
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 4:55pm
DO NOT worry about how they word it. It's not the companies decision to pay or not. It's the states. The co. my husband worked for out and out fired him and they weren't going to pay him and the state came back and said they had no right to fire and had to pay it-so that's how he got his. Go ahead and file for unemployment and let the state and the employer work out the rest. And don't wait. Unemployment is only retroactive to the date you file. Not the date he lost his job.
iVillage Member
In reply to: LauraBeth85
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 8:09pm

You're welcome. <3 That is a true blessing that he will be able to pick up some work until he finds something more permanent! Keep us updated. . .

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 8:59am
Thank you, i am sorry to hear your family has struggled as well. The news keeps saying our economy is improving an jobs are becoming more steady but it sure doesn't seem that way... Thank you again for your words of encouragement!
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 9:00am
Ok, thank you for explaining that!
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 9:00am
i will, thank you (and everyone) for your support, positive thoughts, and prayers!

Pages