u/s 5w3d..empty sac...anyone else?

iVillage Member
u/s 5w3d..empty sac...anyone else?
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 4:00pm
I had an abd and transvag U/s on what I thought was 6w. U/s showed me at 5w3d with a gestational sac in the uterus but nothing else. No fetal pole, no yolk sac, nothing.

3 days after that ultrasound my beta was 23819 (this was my only beta done at that time)

Anyone else have am u/s around 5w3d? What did you see? Anyone have a similar experience? I would love any opinions. This is my forth child with no previous losses.

Thanks in advance,

S
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 7:33pm
I had one early loss a few years ago. I had abdom us at around 8 weeks where there was a sac but nothing else. But at 5 weeks, I'm not sure you would see much. When I had my us this time around, the baby measured a week younger than I thought, so I was around 6 weeks. With the abdom all we saw was a sac. With the transvag we saw a fetal pole, yolk sac, etc.
Hang in there. It could just be too early for the us to pick it up. Prayers for you!
Lauren Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 8:25pm
I agree with pp, your dates could be off an you could be earlier than thought. You could also have a retroverted uterus which can make it more difficult to see the baby early on. Are you getting a repeat US? P&PT for a great outcome.

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005