Braxton Hicks?

iVillage Member
Braxton Hicks?
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 10:12am

Just wondering if anybody else is experiencing these lovelies yet. I got pretty used to BH durring my last couple of pregnancies. with DS#3 i was feeling them as early as 10 weeks and i've had a few with this one but just like one or two every other day. usually i don't feel them with any consistancy until after 34 weeks or so. but i'm just over 24 weeks and i had 4 or 5 in 2 hours this morning while i was lying in bed thinking about getting up. I see the OB tomorrow for my regular appointment so i'll tell him about it then. I'm just a little worried about it because i was put on modified bedrest last time between 28-36 weeks for early effacing and diolating. I've got a 3 level house and 4 little boys one of whom still needs me to run to the bathroom with him every time he has to go. I really don't want to be forced off my feet for the next few months. just going to try to take it easy today (haha like that's possible)

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:43pm

I get them!! I started noticing them around 18-19 weeks. I've gotten 4 or 5 in a two hour period before as well. But usually I get a couple every other or every few days. It just really depends. I got one this morning at around 6 am though. They usually aren't ever painful, but sometimes they are uncomfortable which I know is normal. It doesn't hurt. . .just a weird sensation I guess.

I really hope you don't have to be put on bed rest! I'm sure you know this but are you drinking lots of water? I know that's supposed to help them, even if you aren't dehydrated. That, and lying down on your left side. Will your LO let one of his big brothers help him in the bathroom? Is that even possible? lol I remember growing up and babysitting 4 kids at once before, and it was hard, but I loved it! haha Try to take it as easy as you can. <3