itchy scalp?

iVillage Member
itchy scalp?
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 2:13pm

okay i have not changed my shampoo or conditioner or permed or colored my hair but my scalp itches like crazy. there's nothing crawling around, there's no bumps, there's no flakes. it's not even red. it just itches! a lot! anybody else experience this?

iVillage Member
In reply to: alansgrl
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 4:21pm

I don't have any experience with this but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you are dealing with that! An itchy scalp would drive me crazy!! Is it any better today?

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 7:03pm

I don't have itchy scalp, but all of a sudden, I've got flakes and dandruff (haven't done anything different to my hair than usual). This morning was awful and I was like WTH?!?! and then I remembered your post about itchy scalp. I wonder if there's something in the hormone/body change that is causing it...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 8:28pm

some days/hours are better than others even right after i've washed my hair and made sure that rinsed out the shampoo and conditioner really well. i'm wondering if it's just my skin is extra sensitive all over. i had to take off my wedding ring because the skin underneath was getting really red and itchy. and i've noticed that the tags on my shirts and things like that bother me more than they did before. It's worst when i'm trying to sleep at night between that and heart burn it's really hard to get comfortable.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:05pm

OB told me I could take Benedryl!! i'm just dealing with the itch still during the day because i'm sleepy enough without being drugged but i have taken it the last three nights and DH and I both are getting a much better night's sleep. So glad i thought (and remembered) to ask if it would be okay for me to take it.