Pain in my side and under my belly.

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Pain in my side and under my belly.
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 12:57am

Hi Ladies,

I have a question for you guys. Is anyone else have a crampy pain under there belly, and sharp pain in my lower back? It started out yesterday morning at work, it was really bad and had me feeling sick to my stomach. I went home, and rested and felt better when I woke up, but it came back through out the day. Today that feeling has spread to my right hip, it was so bad that while I took DS to the park today I thought I was going to cry and had to cut play time short.

I don't remember this from my last pregnancy, I feel like I have had to keep a hot water bottle on my back or hip all day. Is this just my body stretching? Anyone else having something like this?

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 6:44am
It may just be round ligament pain. Ivee ben dealing with it fo over a week now. I'm going to bring it up to my doctor because sometims it feels like a charli horse that won't go away. Have u noticed that you've gotten bigger? I have!! I didn't become alarmed with this bing baby # 3 and asuming that it was round ligament. I've also been feeling lots of pressure. Baby Skylar is really low so it seems.

Jayla
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 9:46am

When in doubt I always think you should have it checked. It sounds like it could be SO many things-from round ligament pain, sciatica, or maybe even a kidney infection or something to do with your appendix. I sure wouldn't let a pain that is that bad go unchecked. I doubt it's anything like premature labor because it comes and goes. I get a sharp pain just to one side of my belly button and some pain in my back but I can't say they came on so suddenly or are that long lasting. Please call your dr. and keep us updated!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 2:51pm

Oh my goodness!!!! I thought I was alone and going crazy! I'm so sorry you are dealing with this pain, but I can relate. Even though I don't like that you are experiencing it, it helps to know that I'm not crazy. haha I've had this pain a couple times so far, and it has been extremely intense. . .to the point of me having to lay down and me crying! :smileysad: I'll get a sharp pain (usually on the right side) in my lower abdomen and sharp pain in my back. It sometimes lasts for a long time, and a couple times it has lasted only a few minutes. But it sure took my breath away. I've also had the pain in my lower back along with the pain in my lower stomach. . .it was really sharp, then it spread to my hip and it was just aching. DH and I were in Walmart when this happened and I literally couldn't walk. I had to sit down on a bench and try not to cry. I called my midwife about it but they don't seem too concerned. They suggested round ligament pain but I know for a fact that's not it, because I know what that feels like. I have no idea what causes it and I don't really have suggestions to make it go away. DH tried massaging my back where it hurt once and it didn't really help. I feel your pain though! I would call your doctor and make them aware of it at least. *hugs*

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 11:27pm
Oh, ouch!!! It does sound like round ligament pain. If I twist funny or get up too fast I get it, but it doesn't last very long.
I hope it stops for you! So painful!
Lauren Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 1:54am
Sounds awful! I've had quite a few really sharp, almost Charlie horse feeling pains but they go away in 5-10 minutes. Also, around my belly button a burning, ripping kind of pain that stays for hours but its mostly annoying not intense. Definitely let your Dr. know, and maybe gentle stretches? I know yoga and stretching can help with back and hip pain. Hope it stops either way!
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 6:47am
I have an appt tomorrow so I'm going to bring my pain and, pressure up to my doctor.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 7:29am
Before I had a chance to bring it up, my doctor said " oh and just as a reminder, this is the time where you should be experiencing a lot of cramping and pain in your belly, sides and back". She stated that its normal but if I become concerned then she needs to be notified. She said that the pressure at the lower part of my belly is also normal. She said if I ever feel pressure in the vag area then to come in right away.

I'm starting to feel like I've gotten hit by a pick up truck ladies!! Charlie horses in my butt, soreness in my legs ughhh. I guess its all worth it huh.